• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Missouri brothers, question on hand guns?

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2007
Glacier Valley Alaska
Can I legally take possession of handguns in MO being a resident of another state, Alaska? I was told by friends relative visiting there he could not take his to go shoot without having a MO hunter/firearm safety class and a permit/license and cannot find any INTEL from the Gov sites if this is true. Everything I read is about MO residents only.

Will be in the MO AO next month and may need to pick up some handguns and fly home. Last thing I want is hassle with jonny law, I heard bad things about MO law enforcers and/or lost treasures.

Thanks

Re: Missouri brothers, question on hand guns?

Don't "ax" here, I doubt we have any official MO handgun regulators on the site.

Call the MO atty. general's office and get the right facts. You also might want to check on states you may traverse on your way back to AK.

The SURE way is to have an MO FFL send them to an AK FFL by second day air. Yeah it'll cost you shipping and transfer fees BUT........

Good shooting

A resident of any other state CAN NOT become the owner of a handgun in Missouri (unless it is a C&R). Not only Missouri law, but also Federal law.

No 'permit' is required to own a handgun in Missouri.

No training is required to shoot, like at a range.

I do NOT know what the requirements are to HUNT here though. Most states require a hunter safety card. I got mine when living in Colorado and I am assuming it is good here in MO, but have not checked yet. (Next year!)

You need to have someone here ship them to an FFL in Alaska. Many of the gun shops will ship them for the current owner.

Pulled a Homer, I was thinking Feds say no to purchase, possession too. Friend has some hand guns need brought back to him here, has to go pick them up. He can pay to have them shipped.

Thanks, was not thinking correctly on the subject.