• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Missouri Hiders....Suppressor Help

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2007
Glacier Valley Alaska
Currently living in Alaska but plan to move to Missouri this spring. The plan is and has been for years once I got the coin for me to get a 308 suppressor but my worries are about MO and transferring it there. Plus, what if we move before I get it transferred to me here, then what. I know its a Fed thing but still I worry about MO, residency and such.

Should I wait till I get there, 90 days is what I am told before I am a resident in MO for CC, gun purchase, etc so I assume this means NFA items too. I understand I require a C&R to take possession and own it there too.

Any help would be most appreciated.

In the Farmington MO area, anyone know a dealer for NFA? About an hour south of St Louis on Hwy 67.

Thanks

Re: Missouri Hiders....Suppressor Help

For a gun purchase, all you need in a MO drivers license.

Personally, I would wait until you move to start the paperwork (form 4). You could contact a Missouri Class III dealer and get the ball rolling by having them order the can. If you go with AAC, you may need all the lead time you can get.
smile.gif

You can get the C&R now and then change the address after you move.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Personally, I would wait until you move to start the paperwork (form 4). You could contact a Missouri Class III dealer and get the ball rolling by having them order the can. If you go with AAC, you may need all the lead time you can get.
smile.gif

You can get the C&R now and then change the address after you move. </div></div>

A friend says the same thing, just wait till I get there but the show stopper is exactly when we move. It took him just 4 months for his 458 socomm through Ak Tactical so I could all likely have it in my hands before moving and what it we do not move till Sept? The wife is our defining role on when, she has to clear medical...2 more surgeries this month, get her legal affairs resolved before we get out of here. Driving me/us crazy on all this moving but she has to get home to family in the MO, TN, KY boarder area.

As of now, going with Ops Inc unless....I want least shift with most accuracy, long life, sound reduction is last but would like to shoot without hearing.

Still in early phase but the bug hit me hard when bud got his 458 socomm. Still working on all the coin it takes too.

I fear MO gun laws living free in Ak for so long.

Not sure, but I used to live in KS, in KC so right on the boarder of MO. I was under the impression that in order to own NFA in MO you needed to have an FFL, but I think a C&R lets you purchase NFA items thru a licensed SOT. MO guys chime in here.

I don't know where in MO you are gonna end up. If you are close to KC I think Denny's Guns in NKCMO would be a good place to start, of George Gardner could probably steer you in the right direction.

Dennis is correct, You just have to apply for a C&R Licence with the feds when you arrive in Missouri. after its issued you can apply for the tax stamp. Pretty easy.

If you have a ccw check for reciprocity. My Texas ccw works till it expires. As for the c&r, get it now and change the address when you move. If you are moving soon wait for the purchase. I did not and I now have to carry three documents.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I fear MO gun laws living free in Ak for so long. </div></div>
Mo gun laws are pretty good these days. (Other than needing a C&R for title II stuff.)

If you are not moving until September then you have time enought to buy it now.

But consider how you are moving to MO. If you are driving, I would not want to carry the can nor guns with me.

The question is, can I legally use the can in MO on AK residency?

Packing up a few things and shipping it, we fly, did the drive many times and while it is fun, too far cost is too much. Wife is handicap and could not survive the 5 day drive.

I found a class III in Poplar Bluff MO that I think is close to the new AO.

You've got a closer Class III dealer to Farmington. It's Take Aim in Perryville. That's where I picked up my AAC Cyclone K. Tim is good people and is easy to deal with. We run tac and modified f-class matches in Houston, MO every month if you're interested.

Hope it helps.

jeff

TAKE AIM is a very good shop with Class 3, I live in Chester IL and go across the river and deal with Tim quit a bit.

Take Aim Gun Store
15 E Sainte Marie St Perryville, MO 63775-2026 - (573) 547-2400

There is also a MIDWEST TRAINING CENTER ( www.sottint.com ) that deals with Special Ops type training for both the Military and Law Enforcement. They also teach to the open public.