• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Missouri - Steel Tactical Match - Sunday, September 15th, 9am

riffraff

Sergeant
Minuteman
Shooters --

Big Piney Sportsman’s Club in Houston, MO will hold its second Steel Tactical Match on Sunday, September 15th, 2013 at 9AM.

Turnout for the first match was great, with 36 shooters. Everyone had a great time, and we have been able to refine the stages to make it an even better competition.

Some of the changes:

Paper stages have been moved to the 200 yard range, allowing us to split the shooters into groups and run five stages simultaneously….speeding up the match significantly. Only three paper stages will be used, further speeding up the events.

Novices: Some of the targets have been enlarged and moved closer….more hits….more fun.

Experts: To compensate for the closer targets, a couple of new targets have been added (one of them smaller), and we have added timing criteria to a couple of the stages to keep you challenged…you will not be disappointed.

We think these changes will make our Steel Tactical Match a fantastic event, and should allow all shooters to finish by 2PM, for those of you who have to drive a long way.

There will be nine total stages, testing a variety of long range skills from 100 to 700 yards. There are timed and untimed stages, known and unknown distance stages, a variety of shooting positions and barricades. Bolt and gas guns are all welcome.

Entry fee is $20. Homemade lunch is $5. Water, beverages, and toilet facilities are available on site.

http://goo.gl/maps/3cqYJ ....our location

2013 Club Schedule : Club Schedule ....a schedule of our other matches

Approximately 40 rounds will be required for the main match and 20-30 rounds if you want to compete in all the side matches.

.30 caliber max, 3100 fps muzzle velocity speed limit, no steel or steel core ammo (m855, Russian ammo, etc.)

Get your DOPE charts ready and come join us for the only match of its kind in Missouri…see you there!

Buzz

p.s. Big Piney will also hold a MONEY MATCH on Saturday, September 28th at 9AM. It will be a Steel Tactical Match, and will incorporate most of the stages you see here. First prize will be $400, so come on out and tune up your skills in preparation for this premier event. Entry fee will be $50 per shooter, and there will be eight cash prizes…the main match will pay 4 places ($400, $200, $100, $50). Four side matches will pay $60 each. Check the forums for an announcement soon. Don’t miss out on the fun.

Buzz%20window%20shoot_1.jpg

DSC_0129c-1024x682_1_1.jpg

Roof%20shooters%20-%20Jimmy_1.jpg

P1030809a.jpg

P1030635a.jpg

P1030671a.jpg

Last edited:
two weeks to go!

The match has been streamlined....more hits, more fun.

The paper stages are up the hill on a separate range... The match will flow fast.

don't miss this chance to tune up for the steel money match on september 28th

see you there....

Buzz

I have a few questions about the match on the 15th and wondered if you could give me help on answering them?

1) Is 9 AM the start time or sign in time? If start time, when does the sign in begin?

2) Drive time from Rolla to club?

3) Rear bag allowed on prone stages?

4) Stage 8 description states…”Distance card covered”, what does that mean for the stage?

5) Will there be down time between stages to return to personal vehicle to re-supply or do I have to carry everything I need for the whole match?

6) Stages 4 and 8...will time be called out during by stage director while I am shooting?

7) Will I be given time after shooting a stage to collect brass or is this a lost brass match?

8) How many steps are on the cutout prop?

9) How big is the barrel? Kneeling or prone shooting size?

10) Rooftop prop…will it be pointed straight to the targets or set sideways?

Thanks,
Gunner

GUNNER -

THANKS FOR THE QUESTIONS, COME ON DOWN!

9AM IS THE START TIME, REGISTRATION AROUND 8:30AM

GOOGLE MAPS SAYS YOUR DRIVE TIME IS ABOUT AN HOUR....HERE IS A LINK http://goo.gl/maps/eQxjf

REAR BAGS, BIPODS, SUPPRESSORS, MUZZLE BREAKS ARE ALL FINE

'DISTANCE CARD COVERED' MEANS THAT YOU WILL FLIP OVER THE DISTANCE CARD WHEN YOU HEAR THE BEEP ...IT WILL HAVE THE DISTANCES TO ALL FIVE TARGETS....YOU WILL CONSULT YOUR DOPE CHART AND ENGAGE EACH OF THE FIVE TARGETS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE (USE OF 'HOLDOVERS' IS THE NORM, BUT YOU CAN CRANK MILS IF YOU PREFER)

THERE IS PLENTY OF DOWN TIME TO RELOAD, ETC. THE PAPER STAGES ARE A 100-YARD WALK UP A HILL TO A SIDE RANGE, BRING 15 ROUNDS UP THE HILL FOR THAT ONE. STAGES 8 AND 9 AND THE SIDE MATCHES ARE A 100-YARD WALK TO THE 700-YARD BERM, BRING 30 ROUNDS WITH YOU FOR THIS ONE. GEAR CAN BE LEFT IN THE BENCH REST AREA OR IN YOUR VEHICLE...YOUR CHOICE

STAGE 4 IS TERMINATED WITH A TAP ON THE SHOULDER FROM THE R.O.; STAGE 8 ENDS WHEN YOU HAVE HIT ALL 5 TARGETS (A SHOT TIMER IS USED TO RECORD THE TIME)

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO COLLECT BRASS ON MOST OF THE STAGES

I THINK THERE ARE 5 OR 6 STEPS ON THE CUTOUT PROP; THE 60 SECOND TIME LIMIT MEANS MOST SHOOTERS WON'T NEED MORE THAN 3 STEPS; CHOOSE ANY STEP TO START, PICK ANY UNUSED STEP AS YOU CONTINUE TO FIRE

I THINK THE PLASTIC BARREL IS A STANDARD 55 GAL BARREL? IT IS LAYING ON ITS SIDE....USE ANY IMPROVISED POSITION THAT RESTS THE GUN ON THE PLASTIC BARREL

ROOFTOP PROP WILL BE POINTED STRAIGHT AT THE TARGET SET

WE HAVE A LONG RANGE MATCH EACH MONTH...OCTOBER 27TH WILL BE A MULTI-RANGE PAPER TACTICAL MATCH, AND DECEMBER 15TH WE WILL DO THE STEEL TACTICAL MATCH AGAIN.

2013 Club Schedule : Club Schedule

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE,

BUZZ