• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mitch vs Donald

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Id like to see DeSantis as IMHO, REALISTICALLY Trump is unelectable, Has nothing to do with the job he did, just that he offends so many, expecially the media, they will find a way to thwart him.

=========================

Inside McConnell's Campaign to Take Back the Senate and Thwart Trump​

462b9fb0-8a7a-11ec-a9de-ed4004e990af

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Ky., center, speaks to reporters on Capitol Hill in Washington, Tuesday, Feb. 8, 2022. Standing with McConnell is Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., left, and Sen. John Thune, R-S.D., right. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh) (ASSOCIATED PRESS)
    Jonathan Martin
    Sun, February 13, 2022, 10:38 AM

PHOENIX — For more than a year, former President Donald Trump has berated Gov. Doug Ducey of Arizona, savaging him for refusing to overturn the state’s presidential results and vowing to oppose him should he run for the Senate this year.
    In early December, though, Ducey received a far friendlier message from another former Republican president. At a golf tournament luncheon, George W. Bush encouraged him to run against Sen. Mark Kelly, a Democrat, suggesting the Republican Party needs more figures like Ducey to step forward.
    “It’s something you have to feel a certain sense of humility about,” the governor said this month of Bush’s appeal. “You listen respectfully, and that’s what I did.”
    Bush and a band of anti-Trump Republicans led by Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky are hoping he does more than listen.
    As Trump works to retain his hold on the Republican Party, elevating a slate of friendly candidates in midterm elections, McConnell and his allies are quietly, desperately maneuvering to try to thwart him. The loose alliance, which was once thought of as the GOP establishment, for months has been engaged in a high-stakes candidate recruitment campaign, full of phone calls, meetings, polling memos and promises of millions of dollars. It’s all aimed at recapturing the Senate majority, but the election also represents what could be Republicans’ last chance to reverse the spread of Trumpism before it fully consumes their party.
    McConnell for years pushed Trump’s agenda and only rarely opposed him in public. But the message that he delivers privately now is unsparing, if debatable: Trump is losing political altitude and need not be feared in a primary, he has told Ducey in repeated phone calls, as the Senate leader’s lieutenants share polling data they argue proves it.
    In conversations with senators and would-be senators, McConnell is blunt about the damage he believes Trump has done to the GOP, according to those who have spoken to him. Privately, he has declared he won’t let unelectable “goofballs” win Republican primaries.
    History doesn’t bode well for such behind-the-scene efforts to challenge Trump, and McConnell’s hard sell is so far yielding mixed results. The former president has rallied behind fewer far-right candidates than initially feared by the party’s old guard. Yet a handful of formidable contenders have spurned McConnell’s entreaties, declining to subject themselves to Trump’s wrath all for the chance to head to a bitterly divided Washington.
    Last week, Gov. Larry Hogan of Maryland announced he would not run for Senate, despite a pressure campaign that involved his wife. Ducey is expected to make a final decision soon, but he has repeatedly said he has little appetite for a bid.
    Trump, however, has also had setbacks. He’s made a handful of endorsements in contentious races, but his choices have not cleared the Republican field, and one has dropped out.
    If Trump muscles his preferred candidates through primaries and the general election this year, it will leave little doubt of his control of the Republican Party, build momentum for another White House bid and entrench his brand of politics in another generation of Republican leaders.
    If he loses in a series of races after an attempt to play kingmaker, however, it would deflate Trump’s standing, luring other ambitious Republicans into the White House contest and providing a path for the party to move on.
    “No one should be afraid of President Trump, period,” said Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, who won in 2020 without endorsing the then-president and has worked with McConnell to try to woo anti-Trump candidates.
    But while there is some evidence that Trump’s grip on Republican voters has eased, polls show the former president remains overwhelmingly popular in the party. Among politicians trying to win primaries, no other figure’s support is more ardently sought.
    “In my state, he’s still looked at as the leader of the party,” Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri said.
    The proxy war isn’t just playing out in Senate races.
    Trump is backing primary opponents to incumbent governors in Georgia and Idaho, encouraged an ally to take on the Alabama governor and helped drive Gov. Charlie Baker of Massachusetts into retirement by supporting a rival. The Republican Governors Association, which Ducey leads, last week began pushing back, airing a television commercial defending the Georgia governor, Brian Kemp, against his opponent, former Sen. David Perdue. It was the first time in the group’s history they’ve financed ads for an incumbent battling a primary.
    “Trump has got a lot of chips on the board,” said Bill Haslam, the former Tennessee governor.
    McConnell has been careful in picking his moments to push back against the former president. Last week, he denounced a Republican National Committee resolution orchestrated by Trump’s allies that censured two House Republican Trump critics.
    As the former president heckles the soon-to-be 80-year-old Kentuckian as an “Old Crow,” Connell’s response has been to embrace the moniker: Last week, he sent an invitation for a reception in which donors who hand over $5,000 checks can take home bottles of the Kentucky-made Old Crow brand bourbon signed by the senator.
    McConnell has been loath to discuss his recruitment campaign and even less forthcoming about his rivalry with Trump. In an interview last week, he warded off questions about their conflict, avoiding mentioning Trump’s name even when it was obvious to whom he was referring.
    If Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, who is an outspoken Trump antagonist running for Senate this fall, wins her primary, it will show that “endorsements from some people didn’t determine the outcome,” he said.
    Murkowski appears well-positioned at the moment, with over $4 million on hand while her Trump-backed rival, Kelly Tshibaka, has $630,000.
    “He’s made very clear that you’ve been there for Alaska, you’ve been there for the team, and I’m going to be there for you,” Murkowski said of McConnell’s message to her.
    Even more pointedly, McConnell vowed that if Sen. John Thune of South Dakota, the second-ranking Senate Republican, faces the primary that Trump once promised, Thune “will crush whoever runs against him.” (The most threatening candidate, Gov. Kristi Noem, has declined.)
    The Senate Republican leader has been worried that Trump will tap candidates too weak to win in the general election, the sort of nominees who cost the party control of the Senate in 2010 and 2012.
    “We changed the business model in 2014 and have not had one of these goofballs nominated since,” he told a group of donors on a private conference call last year, according to a recording obtained by The New York Times.
    But McConnell has sometimes decided to pick his battles — in Georgia, he acceded to Herschel Walker, a former football star and Trump-backed candidate, after failing to recruit Perdue to rejoin the Senate. He also came up empty-handed in New Hampshire, where Gov. Chris Sununu passed on a bid after an aggressive campaign that also included lobbying from Bush.
    In Maryland, Hogan was plainly taken with the all-out push to recruit him, although he declined to take on Sen. Chris Van Hollen, a Democrat.
    “Elaine Chao was working over my wife,” Hogan recalled of a lunch, first reported by The Associated Press, between Chao, the former Cabinet secretary and wife of McConnell, and Maryland’s first lady, Yumi Hogan. “Her argument was, ‘You can really be a voice.’ ”
    McConnell also dispatched Collins and Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah to lobby Gov. Hogan. That campaign culminated last weekend, when Romney called Hogan to vent about the RNC’s censure, tell him Senate Republicans needed anti-Trump reinforcements and argue that Hogan could have more of a platform in his effort to remake the party as a sitting senator rather than an ex-governor.
    “I’m very interested in changing the party, and that was the most effective argument,” said Hogan, who is believed to be considering a bid for the White House.
    Romney lamented Hogan’s decision and expressed frustration. He claimed most party leaders share their view of the former president, but few will voice it in public.
    “I don’t see new people standing up and saying, ‘I’m going to do something here which may be politically unpopular’ — in public at least,” Romney said.
    At Mar-a-Lago in Florida, courtship of the former president’s endorsement has been so intense, and his temptation to pick favorites so alluring, that he regrets getting involved in some races too soon, according to three Republican officials who’ve spoken to him.
    In Pennsylvania’s open Senate race, Trump backed Sean Parnell, who withdrew after a bitter custody battle with his estranged wife. And in Alabama, the former president rallied to Rep. Mo Brooks to succeed Sen. Richard Shelby, who’s retiring. But Brooks, who attended the rally that preceded the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol, is struggling to gain traction.
    One Republican strategist who has visited with Trump said the former president was increasingly suspicious of the consultants and donors beseeching him.
    “He has become more judicious, so not everybody who runs down to Mar-a-Lago for the weekend gets endorsed on Monday,” said Sen. Kevin Cramer of North Dakota, another Trump ally.
    Trump has made clear he wants the Senate candidates he backs to oust McConnell from his leadership perch and even considered making a pledge to do so a condition of his endorsement. Few have done so to date, a fact McConnell considers a victory. “Only two of them have taken me on,” he crowed, alluding to Tshibaka in Alaska, and Eric Greitens, the former Missouri governor running for an open seat.
    But McConnell biggest get yet would be Ducey.
    With broad popularity and three statewide victories to his name, the term-limited governor and former ice cream chain executive would be a strong candidate against Kelly, who has nearly $19 million in the bank — more than double the combined sum of the existing Republican field.
    To some of the state’s Republicans, Ducey could send a critical message in a swing state. “It would say we’re getting tired of this,” said Rusty Bowers, speaker of the Arizona state House, who encouraged Ducey to stand up to Trump’s “bully caucus.”
    Ducey also has been lobbied by GOP strategist Karl Rove, the liaison to Bush, who sought to reassure the governor that he could win.
    Ducey said he believed that this year’s “primaries are going to determine the future of the party.” However, he sounded much like Hogan and Sununu when asked about his enthusiasm for jumping into another campaign.
    “This is the job I’ve wanted,” he said.
    He noted there was one prominent member of the Trump administration, though, who has been supportive. Former Vice President Mike Pence “encouraged me to stay in the fight,” Ducey said.

I sure hope trump or someone gets a clue and sends this Cecil turtle kernel sanders mother fuck into a dirt nap

Him and his gook wife
    His type is the problem…not trump.

So yeah the repukes get back control and then do nothing meaningful.
    Riiiggghhht!

It doesn’t really matter. It’s all changed to much and the new age is coming into play regardless of what anyone wants

Mitch's job is way easier with establishment presidents who will sign bills that direct the correct amount of money to the correct people. Doesn't much matter if that president is Republican or Democrat; the only qualification is that they not be a free thinker.

I think Trump is far from unelectable. Where I live there are still a shit ton of Trump flags still flying. I almost think the opposite in a lot of rural America. If Trumps not on the ticket a lot of them will go back to not voting. I know in my locale people voted for Trump that never gave a damn about voting and politics. I don't know if he is the best for the country or not but I expect a second term Trump would be gloves off because he learned a few things last time around.....I'd be all for that.

.....and screw that traitor RINO Mitch and the other 80% of establishment republicans like him

Mitch is a dinosaur and should be incased in a large piece of amber.

President Trump is by far the most electable for the Republicans and if he gets the House and Senate handed to him, he should caucus the entire group and tell them in no uncertain terms, that it they doesn't support him FULLY that they will be primaried in the next election cycle.

I'm also in favor of tribunals to investigate any and all crimes committed while anyone serves the Federal government.

My general preference is that politicians, over voted out of office, stay out of office.

My general preference is that anyone over the age of 70 or thereabouts needs to gracefully step aside so we can build the next generation of leaders.

The combination of these factors alone makes me wish that Trump would declare his intent to stay home in 2024 and put his wholehearted support behind DeSantis. I don't think that's going to happen, because Trump himself and those around him know there is no place in the spotlight

I would argue Trump is more electable now. The morons that voted for Uncle Joe now see how good we had it under Trump. Energy, food, clothing, everything was much cheaper under Trump. Those that elected that POS bought into his claim that he would end Covid. Those with half a brain now realize no-one can end Covid, period. Biden is worse than Carter, by a long shot. Even liberals are coming to that realization.

My general preference is that politicians, over voted out of office, stay out of office.

My general preference is that anyone over the age of 70 or thereabouts needs to gracefully step aside so we can build the next generation of leaders.

The combination of these factors alone makes me wish that Trump would declare his intent to stay home in 2024 and put his wholehearted support behind DeSantis. I don't think that's going to happen, because Trump himself and those around him know there is no place in the spotlight

Term limits for ALL servants voted into office is the answer. To think that someone can spend their entire life holding 1 position within the government is insane.

Wait I thought we all loved Mitch for sinking Garland.......

Thing is it shouldn't have been a one man show.

Mitch should have let them run Garland and than just voted against him for being a sucky pick.......or they could of made up some rape stories.

The Republican Party sucks.

I would argue Trump is more electable now. The morons that voted for Uncle Joe now see how good we had it under Trump. Energy, food, clothing, everything was much cheaper under Trump. Those that elected that POS bought into his claim that he would end Covid. Those with half a brain now realize no-one can end Covid, period. Biden is worse than Carter, by a long shot. Even liberals are coming to that realization.
    Generally, in most things, especially politics and religion:

Emotion >Reason

They hate Trumpster so much they'd vote for Xi over him.

Reactions: BytorJr and Bradu
    Term limits for ALL servants voted into office is the answer. To think that someone can spend their entire life holding 1 position within the government is insane.
    good idea but imagine getting politicians to vote themselves out of office and giving up all the perks.

Bwahahahahaha

About as likely as getting a tiger to go vegan.

Reactions: BLEE
    So......you aren't paying attention, or you are a complete fucking moron. One of the two...maybe both...not sure.
    TLDR
    I got to Trump is unelectable. Because....blah, blah, yada, yada....
    Yeah.....
    Wake the fuck up. You aren't in the Republic you think you are.

Reactions: Rthur
    Yet Trump trounced the dementia patient...
    All else aside, who's in office? Regardless of outcome or reason for outcome, those on the Dementia team dont care how he got there, only that he did.

The other real problem is the unelected bureaucracy. All those swamp dwellers who have control over our lives. Name any alphabet agency, IRS, FBI CIA INS , EPA, DOJ ,DOS, DOD,etc. They're all full of swamp dwelling bureaucRATS who make their living off of our blood, sweat and tears.
    Oh, and the corps. of engineers should be flushed down any dam that's handy.

The other real problem is the unelected bureaucracy. All those swamp dwellers who have control over our lives. Name any alphabet agency, IRS, FBI CIA INS , EPA, DOJ ,DOS, DOD,etc. They're all full of swamp dwelling bureaucRATS who make their living off of our blood, sweat and tears.
    Oh, and the corps. of engineers should be flushed down any dam that's handy.

But if the elite aren't in office for 30 years, they can't set up their kingdom. It takes 2 years for them to understand how the procedures are carried out. So, that doesn't give them that long to build their fortress around their own personnel.

The commies are against anyone who stands for freedom and prosperity! They gonna try and thwart whoever that is!

I'm from Louisiana and I hate swamps. They stink, mud sticks to everything and they're full of critters that want to eat you, suck your blood, or poison you. Hip waders, a machete and a shotgun are your best friends in the swamp. If only...

• Love
    Reactions: mtrmn and Maggot
    I'm from Louisiana and I hate swamps. They stink, mud sticks to everything and they're full of critters that want to eat you, suck your blood, or poison you. Hip waders, a machete and a shotgun are your best friends in the swamp. If only...
    Sounds like what a Texas buddy quoted his grandfather as saying:

"Everything in Texas either stings, stinks, or bites."

But if the elite aren't in office for 30 years, they can't set up their kingdom. It takes 2 years for them to understand how the procedures are carried out. So, that doesn't give them that long to build their fortress around their own personnel.
    But the people who need to enact/mandate term limits are the *SAME!* people who will have their Wealth and Power limited by that same law. No Politician (or person in that position) will ever willingly limit their own opportunities - never gonna happen. It's like those times in history where Governments voted to limit their power and scope. I don't recall much of that and don't see it going forward....absolute power corrupts absolutely. Not one of them will ever vote for term limits - it'll never happen.

VooDoo

Reactions: BullGear
    I did a tour at Fort Polk and man you aint kidding. Ya'll got skeeters the size of hummingbirds and every damned insect down there bites!

But the people who need to enact/mandate term limits are the *SAME!* people who will have their Wealth and Power limited by that same law. No Politician (or person in that position) will ever willingly limit their own opportunities - never gonna happen. It's like those times in history where Governments voted to limit their power and scope. I don't recall much of that and don't see it going forward....absolute power corrupts absolutely. Not one of them will ever vote for term limits - it'll never happen.

VooDoo
    We don't need term limits, we need a smarter electorate. If everyone stopped voting for their incumbent candidate, they wouldn't get reelected. We live in a democratic Republic. Every thing that's wrong with our government is 100% is the electorates fault. We the people have been a sleep at the wheel for a VERY long time.

Reactions: Dawhit
    Id like to see DeSantis as IMHO, REALISTICALLY Trump is unelectable, Has nothing to do with the job he did, just that he offends so many, expecially the media, they will find a way to thwart him.

=========================

Inside McConnell's Campaign to Take Back the Senate and Thwart Trump​

462b9fb0-8a7a-11ec-a9de-ed4004e990af

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Ky., center, speaks to reporters on Capitol Hill in Washington, Tuesday, Feb. 8, 2022. Standing with McConnell is Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., left, and Sen. John Thune, R-S.D., right. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh) (ASSOCIATED PRESS)
    Jonathan Martin
    Sun, February 13, 2022, 10:38 AM

PHOENIX — For more than a year, former President Donald Trump has berated Gov. Doug Ducey of Arizona, savaging him for refusing to overturn the state’s presidential results and vowing to oppose him should he run for the Senate this year.
    In early December, though, Ducey received a far friendlier message from another former Republican president. At a golf tournament luncheon, George W. Bush encouraged him to run against Sen. Mark Kelly, a Democrat, suggesting the Republican Party needs more figures like Ducey to step forward.
    “It’s something you have to feel a certain sense of humility about,” the governor said this month of Bush’s appeal. “You listen respectfully, and that’s what I did.”
    Bush and a band of anti-Trump Republicans led by Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky are hoping he does more than listen.
    As Trump works to retain his hold on the Republican Party, elevating a slate of friendly candidates in midterm elections, McConnell and his allies are quietly, desperately maneuvering to try to thwart him. The loose alliance, which was once thought of as the GOP establishment, for months has been engaged in a high-stakes candidate recruitment campaign, full of phone calls, meetings, polling memos and promises of millions of dollars. It’s all aimed at recapturing the Senate majority, but the election also represents what could be Republicans’ last chance to reverse the spread of Trumpism before it fully consumes their party.
    McConnell for years pushed Trump’s agenda and only rarely opposed him in public. But the message that he delivers privately now is unsparing, if debatable: Trump is losing political altitude and need not be feared in a primary, he has told Ducey in repeated phone calls, as the Senate leader’s lieutenants share polling data they argue proves it.
    In conversations with senators and would-be senators, McConnell is blunt about the damage he believes Trump has done to the GOP, according to those who have spoken to him. Privately, he has declared he won’t let unelectable “goofballs” win Republican primaries.
    History doesn’t bode well for such behind-the-scene efforts to challenge Trump, and McConnell’s hard sell is so far yielding mixed results. The former president has rallied behind fewer far-right candidates than initially feared by the party’s old guard. Yet a handful of formidable contenders have spurned McConnell’s entreaties, declining to subject themselves to Trump’s wrath all for the chance to head to a bitterly divided Washington.
    Last week, Gov. Larry Hogan of Maryland announced he would not run for Senate, despite a pressure campaign that involved his wife. Ducey is expected to make a final decision soon, but he has repeatedly said he has little appetite for a bid.
    Trump, however, has also had setbacks. He’s made a handful of endorsements in contentious races, but his choices have not cleared the Republican field, and one has dropped out.
    If Trump muscles his preferred candidates through primaries and the general election this year, it will leave little doubt of his control of the Republican Party, build momentum for another White House bid and entrench his brand of politics in another generation of Republican leaders.
    If he loses in a series of races after an attempt to play kingmaker, however, it would deflate Trump’s standing, luring other ambitious Republicans into the White House contest and providing a path for the party to move on.
    “No one should be afraid of President Trump, period,” said Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, who won in 2020 without endorsing the then-president and has worked with McConnell to try to woo anti-Trump candidates.
    But while there is some evidence that Trump’s grip on Republican voters has eased, polls show the former president remains overwhelmingly popular in the party. Among politicians trying to win primaries, no other figure’s support is more ardently sought.
    “In my state, he’s still looked at as the leader of the party,” Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri said.
    The proxy war isn’t just playing out in Senate races.
    Trump is backing primary opponents to incumbent governors in Georgia and Idaho, encouraged an ally to take on the Alabama governor and helped drive Gov. Charlie Baker of Massachusetts into retirement by supporting a rival. The Republican Governors Association, which Ducey leads, last week began pushing back, airing a television commercial defending the Georgia governor, Brian Kemp, against his opponent, former Sen. David Perdue. It was the first time in the group’s history they’ve financed ads for an incumbent battling a primary.
    “Trump has got a lot of chips on the board,” said Bill Haslam, the former Tennessee governor.
    McConnell has been careful in picking his moments to push back against the former president. Last week, he denounced a Republican National Committee resolution orchestrated by Trump’s allies that censured two House Republican Trump critics.
    As the former president heckles the soon-to-be 80-year-old Kentuckian as an “Old Crow,” Connell’s response has been to embrace the moniker: Last week, he sent an invitation for a reception in which donors who hand over $5,000 checks can take home bottles of the Kentucky-made Old Crow brand bourbon signed by the senator.
    McConnell has been loath to discuss his recruitment campaign and even less forthcoming about his rivalry with Trump. In an interview last week, he warded off questions about their conflict, avoiding mentioning Trump’s name even when it was obvious to whom he was referring.
    If Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, who is an outspoken Trump antagonist running for Senate this fall, wins her primary, it will show that “endorsements from some people didn’t determine the outcome,” he said.
    Murkowski appears well-positioned at the moment, with over $4 million on hand while her Trump-backed rival, Kelly Tshibaka, has $630,000.
    “He’s made very clear that you’ve been there for Alaska, you’ve been there for the team, and I’m going to be there for you,” Murkowski said of McConnell’s message to her.
    Even more pointedly, McConnell vowed that if Sen. John Thune of South Dakota, the second-ranking Senate Republican, faces the primary that Trump once promised, Thune “will crush whoever runs against him.” (The most threatening candidate, Gov. Kristi Noem, has declined.)
    The Senate Republican leader has been worried that Trump will tap candidates too weak to win in the general election, the sort of nominees who cost the party control of the Senate in 2010 and 2012.
    “We changed the business model in 2014 and have not had one of these goofballs nominated since,” he told a group of donors on a private conference call last year, according to a recording obtained by The New York Times.
    But McConnell has sometimes decided to pick his battles — in Georgia, he acceded to Herschel Walker, a former football star and Trump-backed candidate, after failing to recruit Perdue to rejoin the Senate. He also came up empty-handed in New Hampshire, where Gov. Chris Sununu passed on a bid after an aggressive campaign that also included lobbying from Bush.
    In Maryland, Hogan was plainly taken with the all-out push to recruit him, although he declined to take on Sen. Chris Van Hollen, a Democrat.
    “Elaine Chao was working over my wife,” Hogan recalled of a lunch, first reported by The Associated Press, between Chao, the former Cabinet secretary and wife of McConnell, and Maryland’s first lady, Yumi Hogan. “Her argument was, ‘You can really be a voice.’ ”
    McConnell also dispatched Collins and Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah to lobby Gov. Hogan. That campaign culminated last weekend, when Romney called Hogan to vent about the RNC’s censure, tell him Senate Republicans needed anti-Trump reinforcements and argue that Hogan could have more of a platform in his effort to remake the party as a sitting senator rather than an ex-governor.
    “I’m very interested in changing the party, and that was the most effective argument,” said Hogan, who is believed to be considering a bid for the White House.
    Romney lamented Hogan’s decision and expressed frustration. He claimed most party leaders share their view of the former president, but few will voice it in public.
    “I don’t see new people standing up and saying, ‘I’m going to do something here which may be politically unpopular’ — in public at least,” Romney said.
    At Mar-a-Lago in Florida, courtship of the former president’s endorsement has been so intense, and his temptation to pick favorites so alluring, that he regrets getting involved in some races too soon, according to three Republican officials who’ve spoken to him.
    In Pennsylvania’s open Senate race, Trump backed Sean Parnell, who withdrew after a bitter custody battle with his estranged wife. And in Alabama, the former president rallied to Rep. Mo Brooks to succeed Sen. Richard Shelby, who’s retiring. But Brooks, who attended the rally that preceded the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol, is struggling to gain traction.
    One Republican strategist who has visited with Trump said the former president was increasingly suspicious of the consultants and donors beseeching him.
    “He has become more judicious, so not everybody who runs down to Mar-a-Lago for the weekend gets endorsed on Monday,” said Sen. Kevin Cramer of North Dakota, another Trump ally.
    Trump has made clear he wants the Senate candidates he backs to oust McConnell from his leadership perch and even considered making a pledge to do so a condition of his endorsement. Few have done so to date, a fact McConnell considers a victory. “Only two of them have taken me on,” he crowed, alluding to Tshibaka in Alaska, and Eric Greitens, the former Missouri governor running for an open seat.
    But McConnell biggest get yet would be Ducey.
    With broad popularity and three statewide victories to his name, the term-limited governor and former ice cream chain executive would be a strong candidate against Kelly, who has nearly $19 million in the bank — more than double the combined sum of the existing Republican field.
    To some of the state’s Republicans, Ducey could send a critical message in a swing state. “It would say we’re getting tired of this,” said Rusty Bowers, speaker of the Arizona state House, who encouraged Ducey to stand up to Trump’s “bully caucus.”
    Ducey also has been lobbied by GOP strategist Karl Rove, the liaison to Bush, who sought to reassure the governor that he could win.
    Ducey said he believed that this year’s “primaries are going to determine the future of the party.” However, he sounded much like Hogan and Sununu when asked about his enthusiasm for jumping into another campaign.
    “This is the job I’ve wanted,” he said.
    He noted there was one prominent member of the Trump administration, though, who has been supportive. Former Vice President Mike Pence “encouraged me to stay in the fight,” Ducey said.
    Which is a long-winded way of saying that Mitch McConnell has forgotten he represents the people of Kentucky (oops!) and that his job is to Advise and Consent.

Instead he thinks he is a fucking emperor… and thinks he knows more than all us unwashed WalMart Trump voters.

Fuck him and his swamp.

Sirhr

Last edited:
    Which is a long-winded way of saying that Mitch McConnell has forgotten he represents the people of South Carolina and that his job is to Advise and Consent.

Instead he thinks he is a fucking emperor… and thinks he knows more than all isnunwashed WalMart Trump voters.

Fuck him and his swamp.

Sirhr
    If he doesn't represent his electorate, how has he been reelected so many times? Someone must be voting for him.

Which is a long-winded way of saying that Mitch McConnell has forgotten he represents the people of Kentucky and that his job is to Advise and Consent.

Instead he thinks he is a fucking emperor… and thinks he knows more than all isnunwashed WalMart Trump voters.

Fuck him and his swamp.

Sirhr

FIFY

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
    If he doesn't represent his electorate, how has he been reelected so many times? Someone must be voting for him.
    When you are senate majority Leader, you can buy all the votes you want with taxpayer-funded pork. He is not representing KY… he is using its voters.

Sirhr

Ps sorry about the state error… my bad. See how much he cares about Kentucky! We all assume he is from SC ;-)

Mitch has been in gov for decades.
    He is sold lock, stock and barrel.
    After Trump saved us from Shillary he and his like had the house, senate and the Presidency(Trump).
    They fucked off for 2 years fucking Trump around at every turn.
    The fact I have to reiterate this is part of the problem.
    Everyone has forgotten we elected a fighter after eating milquetoast offerings for several elections.
    We reveled in him giving the dems their own medicine.
    Those same fucks, the media and dems and repubs, cry to this day they received their own medicine.
    He hasn't changed.
    The pussified electorate took the bait.

R

We don't need term limits, we need a smarter electorate. If everyone stopped voting for their incumbent candidate, they wouldn't get reelected. We live in a democratic Republic. Every thing that's wrong with our government is 100% is the electorates fault. We the people have been a sleep at the wheel for a VERY long time.
    George Orwell's "Animal Farm" comes to mind. We didn't get to where we are today over a short period of time. The swamp began forming long before any one of us was born. To give you an idea how long ago: Andrew Jackson fought hard against a central bank. The U.S. almost didn't happen because of disagreements between the founders on whether we should have a strong centralized government or a decentralized government. Since our nation was founded, there has always been parties at play with other interests in mind about how our nation should be governed. And they have been and are currently running this show and continually rigging it in their favor. Trump is no Andrew Jackson, and unfortunately, that is what we need right now. Someone who can take a real stand against centralized powers regardless of what it costs to them personally. I find it ironic that Jackson is on the $20 bill. Maybe that's just a clever way to say fuck you to us by those trying to make our nation their own oligarchy (or monarchy).

He's definitely a benefactor of the electronic voting machine fraud. Republicants (controlled opposition) are all about voter fraud when it benefits them. Voting is irrelevant.

Reactions: mtrmn
    George Orwell's "Animal Farm" comes to mind. We didn't get to where we are today over a short period of time. The swamp began forming long before any one of us was born. To give you an idea how long ago: Andrew Jackson fought hard against a central bank. The U.S. almost didn't happen because of disagreements between the founders on whether we should have a strong centralized government or a decentralized government. Since our nation was founded, there has always been parties at play with other interests in mind about how our nation should be governed. And they have been and are currently running this show and continually rigging it in their favor. Trump is no Andrew Jackson, and unfortunately, that is what we need right now. Someone who can take a real stand against centralized powers regardless of what it costs to them personally. I find it ironic that Jackson is on the $20 bill. Maybe that's just a clever way to say fuck you to us by those trying to make our nation their own oligarchy (or monarchy).

But Andrew Jackson, the founder of the Democrat Party in many or most ways... was also responsible for totally changing how a President gets elected... and making it more 'Democratic.' Thus the age-old split between Democrats (who want Majority rule back to Andrew Jackson who was not going to get elected by the 'swamp' of the time. So he changed the rules)... and the Republians. Who hold that we have a Constitutional Republic and that mob rule will be the destruction of the American Experiment.

Andrew Jackson was the one who set the train on its current course. Yup... he opposed a central bank. But he made the election system one that would reward those who promised the average Schlub on the street free shit... if they would vote for the guys giving them free shit. Paid for with their money or their future.

Jackson is no saint... he was at the bottom of the 'good' presidents and set the country on a path to Civil War, among other things.

Sirhr

Just saw last week Trump backing McCarthy. Don't know if its just publicity, because he is anti-MAGA.

Reactions: NoDopes
    Lots of support for DeSantis and he has done at least as well as any other Florida governor. That said, he is still a career politician.

I guess it really doesn't matter as we'll get whatever shiny object the machine wants.

Jackson is no saint... he was at the bottom of the 'good' presidents and set the country on a path to Civil War, among other things.

Sirhr
    Genocide is one of those "among other things". I know we are looking through the lense of history, but what the U.S. Government did to the Natives under the Jackson administration was wrong. But either way, the Republicans have squandered their hold on Government time and time again. The idea that either party is trying to fix anything is an illusion.

Genocide is one of those "among other things". I know we are looking through the lense of history, but what the (blank) Government did to the (so-called) Natives under the (blank) administration was wrong.

History of the world.

But either way, the Republicans have squandered their hold on Government time and time again. The idea that either party is trying to fix anything is an illusion.

Truth.

No doubt, but generally speaking, genocide, slavery, and world wars are less than ideal traits of our species. I don't think k its wrong for calling it out.

Neither do I, but we are what we are. I don't see anything changing before the second coming.

Reactions: tomcatfan
    More gun control was enacted under Trump than under the Obomination.