• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk 11 Mod 0 clone

MD2Colo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2011
Littleton, CO
Yah, so everybody's seen these before, but I was just psyched to shoot this hog the last time I was home on leave. I didn't get up to the 1000yd range, but I did zero it with some M118LR real quick. Didn't shoot any groups, but rest assured I will put this through it's paces the next time I'm home (September).

Started life as a DPMS SASS which I bought new for $1450 (couldn't say no)...
It was shooting great, no issues with accuracy or function but I always liked the Mk 11/SR-25s...
Sold the upper, contacted Kevin at High Caliber Sales about building a Mk 11 Mod 0 upper. It has the KAC gas block, Rock Creek 5R 11.25 TR barrel, SR-25 rail, Larue/BRM-S combo, etc,etc. Chambered for M118LR.
THat's about it for the upper, using Leupold super high Mk4 rings and it obviously has an NXS.

Adjusted the JP trigger a little bit, I really like the JP trigger, I know some guys don't but hey it feels great and performs great for me. Sh!tcanned the gay pistol grip that comes with the SASS, as well as keeping the PRS plus installing the larger buttpad for a little extra LOP. Also using the Tubb CWS with his spring, as well as the heaviest tungsten carrier weight. No issues with that. Also using the David Tubb magazines, they work great and are a HELL of a lot cheaper than the KAC or Larue mags.

Total cost for this build- probably about $4200 bucks with glass, not sure if I should have just ponied up and bought the real deal but they're like eight large...

Still hunting for the suppressor.
Recoil is a bit sharper than an M110 with 118LR, not sure if it's the lack of a muzzle device or the PRS/CWS combo, it just feels a tad more. The NXS beats the pants off of the Mk4, but that's not really a surprise.
Like I said, I look forward to stretching her legs in a couple months, I'll definitely post back in the Range Report area.
On a side note, I can't give Kevin and Alan over at HCS enough kudos for their outstanding work...but you guys already knew that.

Thanks for looking and any comments.

M

mk114.jpg

mk111.jpg

mk115.jpg

mk112.jpg

Re: Mk 11 Mod 0 clone

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sharp rig! +1 On Kevin, Alan and HCS. </div></div>
Kevin and Alan are one of the few that can combine precision and reliability in one package!

That is a nice looking rifle, how did you get a hold of the KAC Gas Block?

This is a SR-25 Match Rifle that was converted to the Mk11 Mod 0 format by Knights Manufacturing Co. back in 1993.

006-6.jpg

010-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

019.jpg

009-1.jpg