• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk 13 Mod 7

Is this even in the right spot? The rifle in the pic looks like a semi-auto. I would have thought they would not have varied from the Mk 13 if it wasn't a bolt gun.

Last edited:
Rifle in the pic is a M110 variant.

Mk13 Mod 7 supposed to look something like this:

US-Marine-Snipers-to-be-carrying-Mk13-MoD7-Rifles-002.jpg

I’m confused as to what action they’re using for this rifle...Stiller or Badger 2013?

The mod 7's are Stilers as far as am aware.
You’re correct. I must have read something about a clone type build w a Badger action. I assume these barrels can’t be switched out in the field? Considering the caliber, the armorers are going to be busy.

Fake News !! Geeeez. How do you get the message kinda right and the picture so wrong.

As a builder and shooter of BOTH the M110 and Mk13 Mod7... the later being the best sniper rifle I have ever shot, how do you get them confused?

Mod 7 is indeed a Stiller action, and a very good one at that. The only better sniper rifle will be the one built with a Stiller action and a Cadex chassis, probably the Dual Strike. Until then, the Marines will have to slum it with the Mod 7. But, oh my, the Mod 7 is such a great rifle.

The M110 is a classic, and everyone should own one. The guys I have met who had to shoot it in the field are less complimentary, but they got stuck with a gas gun, and their buddy got the Mod 5 or Mod 7.

Fake News !! Geeeez. How do you get the message kinda right and the picture so wrong.

As a builder and shooter of BOTH the M110 and Mk13 Mod7... the later being the best sniper rifle I have ever shot, how do you get them confused?

Mod 7 is indeed a Stiller action, and a very good one at that. The only better sniper rifle will be the one built with a Stiller action and a Cadex chassis, probably the Dual Strike. Until then, the Marines will have to slum it with the Mod 7. But, oh my, the Mod 7 is such a great rifle.

The M110 is a classic, and everyone should own one. The guys I have met who had to shoot it in the field are less complimentary, but they got stuck with a gas gun, and their buddy got the Mod 5 or Mod 7.
I guess I'm not following you. I posted the link. The reporter took a pic of, what to me looked like an M110 (but clearly semi or full auto). My question was if there was some mistake in the nomenclature if the new rifle was a gas gun instead of a bolt gun. As you and I have posted in the same threads before, I hoped you knew I know a Mk 13 is a bolt gun.

So, if anybody has a breakdown of what's changed from the previous mods, and what's better or worse that would be interesting to hear.

Anybody here have the PDF's for the Navy manuals they could share with me? All I have been able to find is the attached cover.. Shoot me a PM if you can

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• MK13 Mod7 Navy Cover.png
    MK13 Mod7 Navy Cover.png
    324.7 KB · Views: 165