• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report mk 262 mod one available

Re: mk 262 mod one available

if you are paying a dollar a round for 223 you are getting bent over the counter

Even if you are going to try and load your own mk262 clone ; which is very hard to safely do it's probably a good idea to buy some of the real stuff to run through your gun and over your chronograph. Then you will have a realistic baseline for your setup to work off of.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you are paying a dollar a round for 223 you are getting bent over the counter </div></div>

This may not hurt so much:

Black Hills 77gr OTM in 5.56mm

This is 5.56mm, NOT .223 Rem.

Just found 40 rnds at the bottom of my storage Cabinet
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">son-

<span style="color: #3333FF">What's the unsafe part about developing a clone to Mk 262 ammo? </div></div></span>

Well for starters there is no published load data for 5.56 spec ammo. Then there is the issue that most if not all mil spec ammo is loaded with powders not available to us reloaders.

I didn't say it could not be done , but you better be carefull.

I load a 77 grn Nosler (moly) using 24.5 grns of AA2520 and I get 2845 FPS out of an 18 inch Wilson match barrel. Accuracy is awsome and no signs of pressure in 90+ degree weather. I say it's safe to do as long as you develope a load in the summer and use a chrony...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GhostFace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I load a 77 grn Nosler (moly) </div></div>

So what is the relevance to a MK262 Mod 1 discussion with this information?

Well I was wrong about there not being any 5.56 data. I see where Accurate arms is now listing some.