• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MK11 Mod 0 compared to EMR

cubewarrior

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2007
Dallas, TX
Comparing the MK11 to the EMR, is there any difference in the shooting experience in terms of accuracy, balance, reliability with heavier loads, etc.? I've heard competing claims that the ejection problems in the MK11 were (or not) fixed by KAC in commercially released versions.

The best shooting AR I've had in terms of shootability was an old SR-25 which I regret selling. I'm thinking about getting a newer model because my understanding is that they are more foregiving accuracy-wise of the different ammo types than the older SRs, and I'd like to try to suppress it.

Please keep comments specific to the SR25 family-- I have sufficient experience with other manufacturers to inform my choice. Thanks.

Re: MK11 Mod 0 compared to EMR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CubeWarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Comparing the MK11 to the EMR, is there any difference in the shooting experience in terms of accuracy, balance, reliability with heavier loads, etc.? I've heard competing claims that the ejection problems in the MK11 were (or not) fixed by KAC in commercially released versions.

The best shooting AR I've had in terms of shootability was an old SR-25 which I regret selling. I'm thinking about getting a newer model because my understanding is that they are more foregiving accuracy-wise of the different ammo types than the older SRs, and I'd like to try to suppress it.

Please keep comments specific to the SR25 family-- I have sufficient experience with other manufacturers to inform my choice. Thanks.
</div></div>

I do not own this platform, however, I believe what I have read here and on ST is that the MK11 MOD 0 are tested with a higher round count to confirm accuracy. The EMR and EMC are tested with a less round count, however, were designed to run more efficient while suppressed.

I was under the impression that the MK11 MOD 1 were having the ejection problems while being used by USMC.

I am planning on investing into KAC hopefully this year!!

I apologize if anything I stated is not completely accurate, just going off of memory

Re: MK11 Mod 0 compared to EMR

Current Mk11's and M110's have the same ejector, and so do the SR-25 EM series guns.

Mk11 Mod1's where plagued by issues coming out of the use of the headspace guages and not replacing the ejector retaining pin, but reusing old ones (note the KAC Headspace guages do not require removing the Ejector - but the M240 guage used at the time by the USMC did). The USMC made some changes to the bolt itself that increase the issue by adding a radius around the ejector which actually shaved brass and caused more problems that it was designed to solve.

The Mk11 Mod0 and SR-25 EMR are very similar, the only major change is the Mk11 Mod1 URX on the EMR.

Frankly the 16" SR-25 EMC is a better system (IMHO) as the barrel is threaded versus the Mk11Mod0 and SR-25EMR, and you can then use whomever's suppressor you wish to by changing the flashider mount.

Mk11 series guns (and others depedant on contract) get a 220 rd relibaility break-in, and 2 4x5rds group targets tested unsuppressed and suppressed. The Commercial guns get 20rds and a single 5rd accuracy target.