• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

mk11 w/14.5 inch barrel???

charliejhusn

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2010
Oregon
Someone the other day was trying to tell me they had seen some seals that had mk11's with 14.5 inch barrels. I don't think that it would be possible but wanted to ask on here to see if anyone had heard of this before. I tried to do a search but came up with nothing, anybody know anything?

Reactions: 308NHunter
Re: mk11 w/14.5 inch barrel???

Wonder if he was seeing the Block 2 M4.

Pictures taken from AR15.com:
recce.jpg

RISII8.jpg

2j0mpza.jpg

He was sure that it was a knights sr-25 and said it had a leupold mk.4 but had a 14.5 inch barrel.

It could be the new 16" KAC carbine, but there are a couple of issues, though, caveated, anything is possible.

I recently saw some MK11s, they are the new longer Mod 2 and second SEALs use NF almost across the board. Their stuff comes from Crane.

Most units I see with 14.5" semis are HK416s, and some with HK 417s. But I didn't notice this with the SEALs, only with the AFSOC crowd, this sounds more like them. They have shorter stuff, and use Leupold, along with S&B

Thanks for the info! I had a fealing that he saw something different.

Charlie

We used to sell the Battle Rifle and "MK11 Carbine" with 14.5" barrels to government folks.

We then went to the 16" barrelled Battle Rifle's due to performance issues with the 14.5", and then to the M110 Carbine/SR-25EMC which has a 16" barrel, but is a WAY better gun.

Did they use the mk11 carbine in a sniper role or more of a designated marksmen/cqb type role?

Charlie

GPS Defense has collaborated with POF to create their GPS/P110K rifle, which is a POF P308 with a 14.5" barrel made to GPS spec. In the past, Some people that GPS Defense has trained have used a 14.5" barrel to make accurate hits to very long ranges. I don't know the exact details, but I swear I remember it being something like 800-1000yds, or maybe just over. It was some ridiculous range that you'd never thing was possible, but they did, and they did it consistently. It's because of this that they had their own rifle created with a 14.5" barrel.
GPS trains Navy SEALs, USMC and other warriors, so I'm sure there could be custom setups that are in use that are in the 14.5" range.

Ya the instructors at GPS go to the same gun shop I go to. I'm probably going to take some of their courses. They shoot out to 1200 yards in some of their courses.

Mk11 with 14.5” ;)

Attachments

• 6F08D8AF-5FA2-471E-9AA6-751B7DC8DB6D.jpeg
    6F08D8AF-5FA2-471E-9AA6-751B7DC8DB6D.jpeg
    317 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: Temper
KAC makes a 14.5” SR-25 again but it’s only for suppressed use.

An acquaintance has a 14.5” LaRue work gun and it shoots well as far as they need it to. He’s in federal LE. It can be done.

Reactions: Raffica762