• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MK12 12.5" Carbine Handguard Setup Questions

Fattygabbiee

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2017
Hi all,

Looking to do a fun inspired, modern MK12 12.5" carbine setup and have a few questions hoping you can all provide feedback. The barrel will be a Centurion Arms 12.5" carbine with their pinned lo-profile gas block and AEM collar and brake.

1) If I use a 9.5" handguard (Centurion carbine M-LOK or PRI Gen 2 round), will this give enough space for the collar and brake? I read on AEM's that I need 3.2 inches so I don't believe a 9.5" handguard will fit but neither Centurion or PRI sell 9 inch handguards. I might be confused by this so any help is appreciated.

2) Has anyone used a longer PRI handguard, their 12.5 rifle length, to tuck in their AEM5/OCM5 a few inches? If so, does the handguard get hot and/or do the screws from the pic rails sit too close to the suppressor?

3) Has anyone used a Centurion carbine cutout handguard to use an FSB for a gas block?

Thanks again for your help!

The pri tube has plenty of room to fit the can inside. The ID is pretty big. I’ve done it.

One of the screws from the pic rail was touching the gas block on my build with a midlength gas system, so I just ran the rail without that screw. Probably could have trimmed it but it would’ve been close.

Reactions: Fattygabbiee