• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MK12 MOD-0 LETS SEE EM!

VJJPunisher

Necromancing the stone
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2010
prison purse
seen quite a few Mod-1's lately, today a matter of fact. I've been partial to the MOD-0's so here's mine.

MK12MOD0-2.jpg

MK12MOD0-3.jpg

it started as a complete identical clone but slowly changed a few parts that I preffered. I switched out the Arms rings with Badgers, switched the crane stock(though may go back), different grip, switched to a Matech rear sight instead of the Arms. Has a Geissle adjustable trigger, hydraulic buffer and mounted an ACI using the Badger ring cap mount. mine shoots truly like a dream. Easily gotten .75 MOA at 600 yards repeatedly, but think i can get better by tweaking the loads a hair.

One of my fave guns, think they just look devilishly sexy, lets see yours

Re: MK12 MOD-0 LETS SEE EM!

and the 12 model OPS is the next part, damned paychecks aren't as big as my skill deserves.....least that's what I tell myself

the .75 at 600 was usin 80 gr SMK, RE-15, LC brass, Rem71/2 primer. was single loading due to the long 80 grainers. use 77 gr SMK's using the same combination with similar results tho

Here's my slightly modified mod 0
2010-07-25%2015.58.27.jpg

Upper:
ADCO/WOA
SS3-9X42

Lower:
LMT
Geissele Hi-Speed DMR
Fulton Amory A1 stock

Mk12Mod0013.jpg

Here's mine. Not a perfect clone, but pretty close.

For yall that have built your uppers, did you have to modify the arms 38 swan rail? I just received mine and it is solid with no cutouts for the pri tube.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kengel2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For yall that have built your uppers, did you have to modify the arms 38 swan rail? I just received mine and it is solid with no cutouts for the pri tube. </div></div>

Are you sure it's the ARMS SPR-PEQ-2-3?
There is an earlier model rail for the earlier PRI tube without the larger barrel nut.
Victor of TNVC has one of these on a AR build.

http://tnvc.com/images/item_pages/large_pics/night_vision_weapon_sights/pvs27_7.swf

It's a beauty, and without the PEQ mount up front makes it easier to employ a clip on NV sight. But I don't know if that PRI tube is still available.

EDIT:
I found my favorite pic of my Mod0

OPS32.jpg

Last edited:

you've got the earlier swan sleeve, that's the one that goes with the Gen 1 PRI tube. If ya can find that PRI then get it and rock that GEN 1 style, that or sell/return that swan sleeve and get the SPR-PEQ-2-3 with the newer PRI tube with bigger Lock nut

awsome pics everyone, love these little killers

Yes, it is the one for the gen 1 pri tube. Didnt know there were different ones when I bought it.

I found a free float tube from midwest industries, while not authentic, I have a feeling that trying to find a gen 1 pri tube is going to be insanely hard.
MI

This is the one I found, will this work with the arms rail I have and will it at least look semi correct?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kengel2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, it is the one for the gen 1 pri tube. Didnt know there were different ones when I bought it.

I found a free float tube from midwest industries, while not authentic, I have a feeling that trying to find a gen 1 pri tube is going to be insanely hard.
MI

This is the one I found, will this work with the arms rail I have and will it at least look semi correct?
</div></div>

Why dont you just sell the rail and buy the correct arms peq-2-3 whatever its called.... they have em at SWFA...

Swapped out my ARMS #22M rings for my ARMS #35 QD base/rings for a good match to the OSTI Universal Night Sight.

Mod0-1.jpg

I'm currently waiting for my 12th model can and will be swapping scopes for a Leupy. Here is a pic of it's current state.

DSC02963.jpg

They will build MOD 0 or 1 as long as the parts are available. But I think they feel there is a good reason why the MOD 1 was made!

just HAD to show us all up with all your sweet kit didnt ya EDWIN? ha ha

hey DK, that pic looks like a shit ton of fun! brings a tear to my eye!

it's hard to get that much awsome in one pic, only thing that could top it is a pic of me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's hard to get that much awsome in one pic, only thing that could top it is a pic of me</div></div>
I substituted a case of Corona in the background in lieu of you for the awesomeness
grin.gif

come to think of it i change my mind, the only thing that would be more awsome than one image could take is if this pic had him holdin a MK12 MOD-0

yoda.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edwin907</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SPRb.jpg
</div></div>

Sweet rig.

Will call to see if the Mod 0 is available... Just like the look of the Mod 0 over the mod 1.

Sorry, but there isn't anything SPR or Mod 0 about that setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper2ndrep</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, but there isn't anything SPR or Mod 0 about that setup. </div></div>

Sorry but your wrong..its very close to a recce setup.. </div></div>

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this a MK12 Mod 0 thread?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They will build MOD 0 or 1 as long as the parts are available. But I think they feel there is a good reason why the MOD 1 was made! </div></div>

The mod 1 is about a pound lighter, and it looks a lot more like a regular M16A4. Harder to pick out the "sniper" based on what his weapon looks like.

As for my build, I can't seem to find a ARMS #38 SPR PEQ-2-3 swan sleeve anywhere. Everywhere I look they are "out of stock". None for sale on the used market either. I have the gen-2-3 PRI free-float hand guard on mine, so I need the -2-3 rail. SWFA has been out of stock for almost a month now. Hopefully they will get some in soon. All I need now is the Swan Sleeve, Bipod adapter and the correct scope. Still quite a chunk of change. It shoots and functions well now though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper2ndrep</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, but there isn't anything SPR or Mod 0 about that setup. </div></div>

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this a MK12 Mod 0 thread? </div></div>
51v8uw.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper2ndrep</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, but there isn't anything SPR or Mod 0 about that setup. </div></div>

RECCE, maybe. Mk 12 mod 0, not.

Popcorn - Check
Comfy seat - Check
Let the show begin...

Lol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As for my build, I can't seem to find a ARMS #38 SPR PEQ-2-3 swan sleeve anywhere. </div></div>

John, call Bravo Company (don't just check website), as they sell complete Mod0 uppers and may be able to help you out.
PRI is another good one to call.
ADCO is another, and might be a good choice to get on a waiting list.
Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edwin907</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As for my build, I can't seem to find a ARMS #38 SPR PEQ-2-3 swan sleeve anywhere. </div></div>

John, call Bravo Company (don't just check website), as they sell complete Mod0 uppers and may be able to help you out.
PRI is another good one to call.
ADCO is another, and might be a good choice to get on a waiting list.
Good luck.

</div></div>

Thanks for the suggestions, Edwin. I've already emailed BravoCo and they said no. They will not sell separately. I've put myself on the "email when in stock" from ADCO but nothing so far. It seems to have been quite a dry spell for these rails lately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Thanks for the suggestions, Edwin. I've already emailed BravoCo and they said no. They will not sell separately. I've put myself on the "email when in stock" from ADCO but nothing so far. It seems to have been quite a dry spell for these rails lately. </div></div>

Well I'm disappointed in Bravo, they are usually a partner in a project, big or small.
WES @ MSTN (tried them?) ripped the LMT 2-stage trigger out of a LMT complete lower for me one time, since I had to have that trigger, and, because it was "the best LMT 2-stage he'd ever seen". It's on my Recce still, and it is the best LMT 2-stage I've ever seen too.
I'll check around, a buddy had bought multiples of all the components from PRI a year or so ago, and I don't know if he ever unloaded it all.

Some of these guys don't know what they are missing in the Mod0, it's not just about the fact that properly configured it's as accurate as any AR, or that it's a well balanced 5.56mm light sniper/designated marksman rifle, but it's also the coolest lookng issue rifle in the US military inventory. It is a piece of history.
Ran some MK262 through the gal day/night, didn't really shoot for groups, but MOA seemed the norm, even at 300 meter silhouettes at 11:15PM.

Mod0-3.jpg

Mod0-2.jpg

i agree Edwin, you just can't beat the look of these purdy rifles in my opinion. It's that perfect fine line between beauty, functionality, weight, and accuracy. Mine just straight out shoots!

Somebody was sayin they need to get the correct bipod, well correct me if i'm wrong but the original builds were using parker Hale's and then Versa Pods, so I believe in my book that's the earlier Correct bipod

and to all, YES this is a MK12 MOD 0 thread, i wont be butt hurt if MOD 1's show up here and there for comparison purposes if nothing else, but no offense to Dr. Phil but that gun, nice AR by the way, should be in the Black Rifles thread

I'm usually not one for posting images but thought you guys might like to see this one.

Cheers.

[img:center]
MK12Mod0001.jpg
[/img]
MK12Mod0002.jpg
[/img] [img:center]
MK12Mod0003.jpg
[/img]

Norseman, that is Very nice. If you're ever looking to sell that one, remember my post
wink.gif

I'd have a tough time letting go of this one. Frankly,I have a tough time bringing myself to shoot it. Probably need to get another one that isn't so worldly and use that one as the shooter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norseman1950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd have a tough time letting go of this one. Frankly,I have a tough time bringing myself to shoot it. Probably need to get another one that isn't so worldly and use that one as the shooter. </div></div>

I agree, it should be sitting in a glass case with the letter displayed. When it's needed again, which might no be too long, clearly it'll be ready!
The MK12 Mod0 is "America's Rifle", and this is an exceptional example. To some of us, it is already priceless.
Thank you for sharing this one with us!

The thought that that upper would be put behind glass and not have a round go down range again is sad. It would be like a world class race car driver never driving again. Enjoy what you have. You own a part of history. Shoot it!!!!

I wonder, i'd have the barrel guaged, might have two trillion rounds through it, but sick as all hell, I'd definatly shoot it though and enjoy it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norseman1950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm usually not one for posting images but thought you guys might like to see this one.

Cheers.

MK12Mod0001.jpg
[/img]
MK12Mod0002.jpg
[/img] [img:center]
MK12Mod0003.jpg
[/img] </div></div>

WOW!!!
grin.gif
What a find!! I am so jealous.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moadster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edwin907</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SPRb.jpg
</div></div>

Sweet rig. </div></div>

+1

VERY nice setup.