• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk12 Mod 0 Trigger Upgrade

JBRIII

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2008
Louisville, KY
Guys,

Finally broke in my MK12 Mod 0 that I bought here on the board. I was waitng for my Ops Inc Can and stamp. Finally got out to sight it in. Was shooting Black Hills 77 Match and got several 1/2" - 3/4" groups of 5 @ 100 yards. But the trigger is really heavy. Was thinking of upgrading to a Timney or maybe a JARD on recommendations of a friend who was with AMU back in the early 90's. Are there any better less expensive options than the Timney?

Thanks for any advice and help.

mk12_1.jpg

Re: Mk12 Mod 0 Trigger Upgrade

Pull apart what you've got and polish the shit out of the engagement surfaces, grease it, and live with it until you can get one of These.

Good luck

Have seen those as well as the American Gold. A lot more than I want to spend, but if they are worth it, I just might. Thanks for the input.

Trust me I know how it is to pay $300 for a trigger but it is worth every penny. I say again you won't regret it!!!!

you guys are killing me here.......... you made me by this rifle, then the can and now the trigger......
smile.gif
Thanks for all the input. I'll check into gieselle

I bought one for my NRA Highpower rifle and it "made" me buy one for my Mk12.

You won't regret it.

my bank account hates you guys, but a Geisselle is on the way. I got the match trigger from White Oak.

On the "standard issue" mk12 mod0 do they have a standard mil-spec trigger or is it an upgraded trigger? If so, which one does it use?

This rifle was built by someone else. It is an LMT Lower and an Adco Upper. The original owner said it was a standard military trigger. It is pretty gritty and I would say in the 6-7lb range.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I can not believe this trigger and the difference it makes in this rifle. It is truly amazing. My friend (ex AMU) who put it in said he's never seen one as nice. He also couldn't believe I paid that much for a trigger, but said it's worth every penny. This is truly my finest rifle and with all I have invested in it (shudder to think) what's $300 more to make it perfect
wink.gif

So if you you are on the fence about which trigger to get for your SPR or AR - Geissele all the way. This site is truly a great wealth of information and I have learned so much here. Thanks again for steering me in the right direction.

John