• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk12 Mod 0 tube/rail shifting?

smoothy8500

Private
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2012
South Orange County, CA
Does anyone notice shifting POI from sling or bipod loading affecting the PRI tube? Since the rail is on the tube some Benchrest shooter next to me alluded to "issues" with rails on handguards. Makes sense since NM AR's have the free-floated tube to eliminate sling tension and scope separate from it. I tried searching on this and almost all questions were related to barrel shift or something unrelated.

Maybe since there's no discussion, it's not an issue with PRI tube/rail combo?

Does anyone notice shifting POI from sling or bipod loading affecting the PRI tube? Since the rail is on the tube some Benchrest shooter next to me alluded to "issues" with rails on handguards. Makes sense since NM AR's have the free-floated tube to eliminate sling tension and scope separate from it. I tried searching on this and almost all questions were related to barrel shift or something unrelated.

Maybe since there's no discussion, it's not an issue with PRI tube/rail combo?
Nm tubes are free floated as are the Pri tubes. Both styles connect and interface with the barrel nut, so what are they actually trying to say?

I’ve shot my mid0 a few times in NRA highpower matches with the 2.5-10x24 on the PEQ rail. In theory, the rail could shift the POI with enough torque but I sling up pretty hard and haven’t noticed any issue with shifting. Absolutely no issue of bipod, packs, barricades,etc.

If the tube "moves" (FF separately from the barrel), the scope could too, since the scope and PEQ rail is connected to the tube. Sounds like a non-issue.
If everything is mounted and torqued properly, it should not be an issue.