• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk12 Mod 1 Coming Together

Birddog1911

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2009
Peyton, Colorado, USA
After several months of planning, my Mk12 Mod 1 is starting to come together.

Thanks to Kevin at High Caliber Sales. I know there are many happy customers of his here, and after much debate, I decided to buy one of his top notch receivers. I'll have it in my hand next week.

And thanks to Marshall at Primary Arms, my 2.5-10x32 Nightforce will be in my hands on Wed.. If anyone is wondering, I went with Mil-dot, and .1 mil adjustments.

The upper will have to ride on my BCM lower for my carbine for a couple of months, but I figure it should be happy there till it gets it's own. I have a Magpul ACS stock on it, and I'll give a report of how I think it feels using the scope.

Re: Mk12 Mod 1 Coming Together

Kev

I'll be shipping the upper your way tomorrow..

Thanks a lot!

Kevin

You don't have it unless there are pix!!!
grin.gif

what rail did you go with, I looked at the URX and RAS handguard don't know the difference between the two. so trying to get a idea what others are going and why.

Seta, the rail on it is the KAC free floating RAS, standard on the Mod 1. I was really torn between Kevin's Mod 1, and the BCM Mk12 Mod 4 (As they call it), which is the KAC MUR upper and VIS rail. It would probably be more solid, but I wanted an authentic Mod 1.

Good choice. Although This tax money is burning my pocket to get a Mod 0 started.
smirk.gif

I suppose that it is foolish, but I just hate the Mod 0. I sort of think that it looks good, but when it weighs a pound more than the Mod 1, I just can't justify it.