• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk12 Mod 1 Parts list Needed.

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
Im building an Mk12 Mod 1 clone and need a parts list. Can anyone supply me with one?

For a barrel im thinking of getting the White Oak SPR barrel w/ KG gunkote in black(18" / 1-7" Twist)from Adco Firearms. Would this be a good option for a barrel instead of the Douglas barrel?

Pictures too if you have them.

Re: Mk12 Mod 1 Parts list Needed.

That's a nice clone to build, I have a Mod 0 and luv it.The guy to get hold of is Wes at MSTN,he builds many, is very knowledgable,and can supply all the parts if you want to do it yourself...I got much of mine thru him.

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

I have heard great things about the adco spr barrels and fully built uppers. I am not totally sure about ADCO but I do know that if you get the Douglas barrel directly from PRI you get the bolt matched to the barrel included. Thus the extra cost.

CC

I bought an ADCO Mk12 Mod1 upper a while back and am satisfied with it. It is MOA or better with decent factory ammo. I am sure that it could do better if it had a better trigger puller behind it. It has been 100% reliable to date, only 200 or so through it though.

I have also heard decent things about Centurion Arms. Supposedly they use the same barrels as the real deal.

Not sure about buying being more cost effective than parting it out and building yourself. May not end up with the same quality though. Even if its close, you can spread out the pain over a few months rather than having to come up with it all at once.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackinfl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out www.centurionarms.com

The owner is a real deal guy and has been extremely helpful. </div></div>

My understanding is that the owner is/was a SEAL who used them - not someone who built them for Crane.

If that's the case, then I'd say that the link Turk posted earlier to High Caliber is more "real deal" then Centurion as High Caliber is built by the guy who makes them for Crane. Of course-if I'm wrong,please correct me and that's not saying that Centurion doesn't build a great upper-I'm sure they do.

I've got 2 High Caliber uppers in the recent weeks - a Mk12Mod1 and a Mk18-both are superb and came as equipped from Crane.

On this topic of parts for SPR's and for correction is the multiple postings going around the internet where poster claims they or their buddy is the "only" person that is able to get the "real deal" barrel (i.e., from the guy who originally turned them for Crane). A lot of us know who this is and know that's just not true. I know because I've gotten that 18" Navy Contour (aka SPR barrel) from this individual and known others who have. To respect their privacy and wishes, I can't reveal their personal contact information.

So original poster, when buying SPR parts just remember although parts are hard to obtain, some of these resellers who claim to be the "only source" aren't. Whether this claim is an honest mistake or not, can't address that - only what the facts are. Good luck on your build.

Mk12's at High Caliber Sales are built by AJ Brown; and here are a few of his accomplishments amongst many:

AJ. retired from NSWC Crane after 25 years. Last position was in the Weapons Prototype Shop. His background is in research & development, test. and evaluation of small arms and ammo. Some of the projects he worked on are SOPMOD, Mk262 ammo, Mk12, Mk13, Mk18, SPRV, SCAR, PSR, and many more.

The Mk12's he built can only be attained thru Highcaliber; if there are any remaining?

I am very happy with the Mk12 upper that I got from High Caliber Sales. I purchased one in December of 2009. The upper is very accurate with the Mk262 ammo.