• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

mk12 mod 1 questions

averageshooter

Private
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2006
Helena MT
Hey guys I am thinking of selling my M1A national match and building a mk12 mod 1 AR15. I am hoping to get some information on best parts for the build and where to get them. Yes I know parts are very scarce atm but they can be found. Also what is going to be the best barrel length/twist rate for a 600 meter gun. It looks like they use an 18" 1 in 7 twist. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also any clue on best lower/upper to look for? I know most are made by the same company and stamped different. Maybe better question would be which components to stay away from.

Has anyone built one of these yet and how do you like it. Did it meat your expectations?

Thanks again for the help.

Matt

Re: mk12 mod 1 questions

There's a thread on this right now, just a few posts down. Barrels are hard to find right now.

http://opsinc.us/index.html
http://www.pri-mounts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PRI&Category_Code=SPECIALS

M4SPR1-1.jpg

No this is not mine. It's a deployment package.

Aye .. maybe he will change his mind.

I have them both.. Mod0 is noticeably heavier.
Don't over look the 16" REECE!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mussman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have them both.. Mod0 is noticeably heavier.
Don't over look the 16" REECE! </div></div>
How about some pics you lucky B@#$#@#?

What horse?

I shot them both. They shoot the exact same, weight?. 1 lb... go to the gym.

Weight combined w/ less durability doesn't add up to a winner! Anytime you'd like to meet me at a gym please let me know???

Evidently the PRI stuff doesn't hold up as well and is heavier! Put it this way a member on here who builds them for Uncle Sam refuses to build the Mod0. I do like the looks of the Mod0 better though!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fredo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What horse?

I shot them both. They shoot the exact same, weight?. 1 lb... go to the gym. </div></div>

Keep running your trap!
They are all good rifles and I'm not here to squabble over what system is the best so spare us all.
This is a good buddy of my currently in the sand box. He has shot my SPR Mod0, Mod1 and REECE. The Marines have issued him the SPR Mod1.
He had me build him a REECE for his personal collection, take that for what is worth.
NewImage-3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep running your trap!</div></div>

They shot the same group when i fired them. Hows this?

I am not familiar with the RECCE, where can I find more info on it?

And does anyone have a parts list of whats needed for the mod2?

Matt

Recce is a loose concept. The essential component is a magnified optic. Usually they have 14.5-16" match barrels and often a free floating rail system.