• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk13 Mod 5 project

Errol120

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2020
Obligatory “I didn’t know where to put this thread”

So I recently pulled the trigger on my Mk13 mod 5 project after coming into some luck finding parts. I recently got my legacy chassis but I noticed a bit too late that it was the newer 3 part skin on the chassis instead of the original 2. I want the rifle to be as accurate looks wise as I can make it. So my question is if the newer chassis were ever fielded by the military or if not is there a place to start looking for the correct skins for the chassis. Thanks!

Thanks @TacticalDillhole for the mention.

The short answer is you'll be better off finding a gen 1 legacy chassis.

The first gen skins (2 part as you called it) might fit the 2nd gen(3 part as you called it) main chassis but the bolt handle notches are defiantly different between them.

I've attached a image of the gen 1 bolt handle notch and as you can see there is part of the main chassis that protrudes out of the side.

And yes I do have one that is complete ready to go in the Firearms for sale section. ;)

Attachments

• gen 1.jpg
    gen 1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 32
Damn I was worried about it. So even with correct skins it will be off. I’ve got my own action, mars rail and have a barrel coming soon. Don’t suppose you would part out the stock on yours?

Sorry, gonna sell as a complete rifle.

There's a correct on gunbroker for $3250!! :eek: One would have to be desperate to pay that amount for a stock!
Yeah I was having a good laugh with a guy from this forum about that. There is also a correct set of skin. Hence my post. I guess I should either be super lucky or get used to the fact it won’t be 100% accurate

Yeah I was having a good laugh with a guy from this forum about that. There is also a correct set of skin. Hence my post. I guess I should either be super lucky or get used to the fact it won’t be 100% accurate

Every once in a while a correct chassis will show up on eBay for usually around 2k. That’s prob what you can expect to pay (although you may score one on the PX here for less).

I’d put a “WTB” thread in the “Accessories” sub form within the PX, if you haven’t already done so...Perhaps one will surface for you.

Every once in a while a correct chassis will show up on eBay for usually around 2k. That’s prob what you can expect to pay (although you may score one on the PX here for less).

I’d put a “WTB” thread in the “Accessories” sub form within the PX, if you haven’t already done so...Perhaps one will surface for you.
I’ve got ebay locked down. I missed a bid on one a few months ago and am still kicking myself. As for posting the wtb, I wanted to but I’m pretty sure my account is too new for that. But I’ll give it a shot

I’ve got ebay locked down. I missed a bid on one a few months ago and am still kicking myself. As for posting the wtb, I wanted to but I’m pretty sure my account is too new for that. But I’ll give it a shot

You can post a WTB or purchase as you see fit from day one but you cannot sell unless you have 100 posts or purchase the account upgrade (members with the “Hessian” badge next to their names indicate they purchased the acct upgrade when they joined).

Last edited:
You can post a WTB or purchase as you see fit from day one but you cannot sell unless you have 100 posts or purchase the account upgrade (members with the “Hessian” badge next to their names indicate they purchased the acct upgrade when they joined).
Tried to post and it says I have insufficient privilege to post a thread. Am I missing something?

Tried to post and it says I have insufficient privilege to post a thread. Am I missing something?

hmmm. Don’t think you are missing anything... Perhaps something changed recently or you cannot start a thread regardless of intent unless you reach 100 posts or purchase the account upgrade.

here are the rules governing the PX section.