• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mk13 mod 5 rail alignment issues.

DFWBP9U

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
Good afternoon,
I’m am having some alignment issues with my front clip on imunz rail on my mk13 mod 5 AI chassis - This is a surplus chassis from thoroughbred so I understand what issues could comes with that. However just asking anyone if they have had any similar issues and if they have heard of a fix. The rail on the action doesn’t line up with the imunz - The view box of the clip on is to the left and makes the left side of the screen not visible. The picture through the scope is taken head on and that’s how much the alignment is off. The second picture is the type of rail in question. Third is showing how the leveling is off

*I also know that the issue is not with the clip on mount itself on the UTC

*I have also reversed the clip on rails orientation and is the same degree off when it is attached either way.

If I were to use a mars rail I’m assuming this would fix my problem. But if I were to do that how does one remove the attachment at the end of the chassis?

Any knowledge is more than welcome thank you.

Attachments

• 5519A435-5A9C-41DD-B7A1-C0472435E4AB.jpeg
    5519A435-5A9C-41DD-B7A1-C0472435E4AB.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 94
  • D069E342-7035-4BB0-8C07-874D4CF8D4EC.jpeg
    D069E342-7035-4BB0-8C07-874D4CF8D4EC.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 6CC74D79-0E48-41AC-B6EA-4DD1DD81EDD9.jpeg
    6CC74D79-0E48-41AC-B6EA-4DD1DD81EDD9.jpeg
    361.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ehtacs
It’s the Badger IMUNS at the tip of the Mod 5 AICS. You can remove it by following the installation instructions in reverse (basically unscrew the bottom bipod stud plate, remove skin sides, punch out large roll pin, pull out IMUNS and sling swivel plate). But unless you have a set of the original AICS spigot and bipod stud insert, you won’t be able to re-install the sling stud plate or mount a bipod. Another option could be to just take off the top rail of the IMUNS, or replace the whole unit with an aftermarket spigot assembly.

Dang that's really bad! Is the AICS itself bent/twisted?.. I have an IMUNS sitting in front of me and I don't see how it could be giving the same results though it's odd that there's so much rotation yet your barrel seems so perfectly centered. If it's the chassis, action-mounted hardware like the MARS is your only option. Did you reach out to TBA - will they replace it with one that's true?.. I get that these are expected to come in with some wear and tear but a chassis that bent out of true is, IMO, unacceptable for what they're asking even with the recent price drop.