• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MK13 mod 5 trigger

Habu64

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Nov 24, 2020
    Idaho
    Hey guys, looking for some info regarding what trigger was paired with the REMINGTON action in the MK13 mod 5's. A Walker trigger is what I'm finding, but to my knowledge the walker triggers incorporate a bolt lock when on safe, correct? That being said, G prefix actions never had that to my knowledge. So is it in fact a walker trigger, or was it a 40x?

Thanks for the help

The early Walker style triggers had the bolt lock feature (when the safety was engaged). I believe this was phased out in the early 80s.

So I believe a Walker style trigger without the bolt lock feature would be correct.

Reactions: Habu64
    Man, I think I had a brain spasm when I initially asked that. For some reason, I completely spaced a walker trigger is just a factory 700 trigger. On that note, anyone know what crane would have set the trigger weight at? Never adjusted a Remington trigger, may ask my smith to do that one, I've been told they're not the easiest.

Adjusting a Remington trigger is as easy as turning 2 screws. One controls the weight. The other controls overtravel. The only “difficulty” is coming to a setting that is light, crisp, and safe. I have one that is set at 2lbs and is totally drop sage. I have another that will let the firing pin go when the bolt closes, when set below 3lbs.