• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

mk14 ebr mod 2?

charliejhusn

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2010
Oregon
Was wondering if the navy was still using the mk14 and was wondering if they got up to a mod 2? Did some searching and all I could find was info on mod 0 and mod 1. Don't know if they just use the mk11 now or not.

Re: mk14 ebr mod 2?

I have not read anything that would suggest the NAVY is not using their M14s and MK14s.
As for a Mod 2, I have sketchy information that there is something in the works, but that's all I know at this time.

It would be interesting to see what a MOD 2 would look like. I would probably put my money on it for my rifle if it was a decent enough stock system.

I have spoken to a few of my friends in and around that community, and they are still using the Mk14. Quite a lot as it were. One friend told me that its more mission specific than anything but they do definitely use them.

A 22.0" heavy barrel is being tested.

I hope thats not the only thing they change. I would love to see a redesign of the system. Inside and out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocJekyll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope thats not the only thing they change.
I would love to see a redesign of the system. Inside and out. </div></div>

I don't think that's going to happen.