• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos MK14 Mod 0

MK14 SEI

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2009
US
This is my very first MK14. It's the Crazy Horse MK14 SEI Mod 0 seen in video games and this SilencerTests video. I have made a few enhancements and changes since the video. The rifle shoots sub MOA groups.

Built by SEI on a Norinco receiver with TRW and SEI parts. The stock is a rare 1 of 25 made full length SAGE NAVY GRAY EBR. The scope pictured is borrowed from my Crazy Horse M21A5 EBR... I am still shopping for the perfect optic to install on this rifle.

Re: MK14 Mod 0

That's bad ass! I'm looking to build one very similiar to that.

right on! one of my favourite rifles to date... good job

Thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you
grin.gif

Weight?
I have not put it on the scale recently, but it is currently the heaviest EBR that I own.
It weighs about 13.5 lbs without accessories.

BTW, the T-shirt was a gift from my new friends at TACOM-RI.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akula702002</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was Han Solo pissed that you took his rifle
smile.gif
</div></div>

Yes, and he's still pissed some 30 years after the fact.

I may have found an optic for this MK14, Pride Fowler is coming out with
a new illuminated 2.5-10X42 that may be just what the doctor ordered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tony.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does that Sage cantilever mount attach to the rear clip guide? </div></div>

A separate base is inserted into the existing stripper clip guide and locked into place with a set screw.
This item acts as a locater and base for the rear of the cantilever rail.
Once it's lined up, you bring the dog point screw down until you see the rear of the DCSB start to rise,
then screw down 1/2 a turn more to pre-load the cantilever.

Thanks! I've seen your other posts with the Larue LT-608 which does not attach to the rear clip guide. Given your experience with both, do you think the $220 for the Sage is worth it given the Larue is $160? I am going to be picking up either the Larue or Sage soon.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tony.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks! I've seen your other posts with the Larue LT-608 which does not attach to the rear clip guide. Given your experience with both, do you think the $220 for the Sage is worth it given the Larue is $160? I am going to be picking up either the Larue or Sage soon.

Thanks </div></div>
I like the LaRue, but the SAGE DCSB gives you an extra inch of rail purchase and it's clamping system is not going to damage the top rail on your stock. Make sure that you specify that you want the improved Gen II version.

You can read all about the changes on The M14HDW Forum.

Have you considered a Swarovski Z6 scope? They have a ballistic reticle, standard or illuminated.

Yes, they're expensive, but the clarity and quality has to be seen to be believed. Simply stunning. They're zoom ratio is 6:1. I have one on my long range bolt rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat H.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you considered a Swarovski Z6 scope? They have a ballistic reticle, standard or illuminated.

Yes, they're expensive, but the clarity and quality has to be seen to be believed. Simply stunning. They're zoom ratio is 6:1. I have one on my long range bolt rifle. </div></div>

I appreciate the recommendation, but I doubt my abilities would match up close enough to the scopes abilities to justify the price.
I started using variable magnification optics just this year and have very little trigger time with them
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: akula702002</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was Han Solo pissed that you took his rifle
smile.gif
</div></div>

He He He

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBoss0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So when are you going to sell me this?
smile.gif
</div></div>

My wife would be very upset with me if I sold any of my weapons... lucky me
cool.gif

H2O
Hey man you need to take my Troy SOPMOD off my hands.
I think it would be happier with the herd at your house than the one it's living with now. ; )

Where did you get the flash suppressor with the quick detach? I'm looking to get a suppressor for my M1A EBR. What kind of suppressor is yours?
Thanks!

smile.gif
</div></div>

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!, What a crack up…

BRAVO ZULU H20 MAN, that is one bad lookin’ MoFoh, I bet it just scares the rounds right into the X-ring!!!!

Thank you for the kind words guys
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heloB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where did you get the flash suppressor with the quick detach?
I'm looking to get a suppressor for my M1A EBR. What kind of suppressor is yours?
Thanks! </div></div>

The SEI/Fisher suppressor fits on SEI's DC Vortex flash hider.
I purchased the DC Vortex from SEI and the suppressor from Fisher.
http://www.fishersuppressors.com/