• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MK18 Clone Build

TAMU20

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2017
Centennial, Colorado
I am considering building a MK 18 clone, what buffer spring and buffer are you guys using in your MK18 clones. I am thinking about using either a 10.3" ballistic advantage barrel or a 10.5" rosco barrel. Thank you in advance for your input.

10.3" DD barrel here, standard carbine spring with H1 works fine. The key, IMHO, is to make sure the barrel manufacturer knows how to properly size the gas port for a shorty.

I've been looking to do a Mk18 Mod 0 build or something similar myself. One thing I ran across is a 5.56mm NATO 10.3" FSB Gas Port .070 (Crane Spec) upper being produced by Andro Corp Industries. It's designed for minimum blowback when running suppressed and it is currently on sale. I also like the 10.3" Ballistic Advantage barrels, but I couldn't get those with the FSB and would need to do a later version.

Try this link: http://androcorpind.com/556-nato-10-3-fsb-gas-port-070-crane-spec/

After checking the Knight's site for months looking for a quad rail and hoping to pick up a "blem" if possible, it has been showing out of stock on all of these. DD does have its quad rails in stock currently for the later versions.

Luckily I have the LMT stock and rear sight as take-offs from my MWS. Good luck with your build and let us know what you decide!