• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

mk211

snipersp

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2009
SPAIN
hi
need all the possible information about this ammo (here we call it rauffos nm140mp)
we have been shooting it with barret m95 and we have find to much accuracy problems
we need ALL the help you may bring us
weight
bc
ballistic charts
we will be deployed to Afghanistan November this year
thanks

Re: mk211

Projectile weight: 660 gr. nominal
BC: ~.65-.68
MV: ~2680 out of a 29" barrel.

Make sure you are using the Mod 0 which is supplied 120 rounds, loose packed per ammo can, and not de-linked MG ammo (Mod 1).

Fill out your profile, PM me an email address and I can send you some drop tables.

IRS,

Good post, we are putting API out of the M-107. It allows for faster follow-up as it provides instant feed back on impact.

OW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">weight 670
what do you think?</div></div>

Pull one and weight it.

670 is actually closer. I went back and checked a sample analysis I did about a while back:

WCC 98: 668.9 grains ave/10 projo's.
LC 04: 665.9 grains ave/10 projo's.

Nammo specs: 43-47 grams (663.6-725.3 grains)

Most samples I have seen were between 665-675.

The ammo usually will shoot 1.5 MOA if the rifle is up to it.
As always, sometimes better, sometimes not so good. If you are getting 845 m/s (2270), that is pretty good. Make sure you do not leave the round in the hot chamber too long, as it will cause vertical dispersion.

You can plug what you have into any ballistic program, use .65 for BC, and you should be close on your drop table. You can tweak BC up or down a little until it matches your actual dope.

OW:
The M8 API has a good flash when it hits as you noted. The Mk211 is more accurate than the M8 API, and has an even brighter flash.

I had a good match with the M211 using a B.C. of 0.65 and a muzzle velocity of 2640 fps / 804 m/s. (845 m/s = 2772, so I suspect you have a typo there.) The muzzle velocity does vary with temperature.

Lindy,

Your MV is much more in line with what I have seen out of 29" barrels. I converted based on what SNIPER_SP had reported as a chrono'd velocity ("835-855 m/s). That is pretty speedy coming out of a Barrett M95.

I have a 31" barrel on my tactical 50, and it chrono's at ~2680 fps.

Scott

thinking about m82a1 vs m95
m82a1=semiautomatic
m95= bolt action
so m95 m.v. is maybe more than m82a1 m.v.
i will try to recheck the m.v. asap
so.............may we say
weight----670
b.c.------.65
m.v------- confirm
what ballistic program do you recomend me?
i use pc ballistic (good results with lapua .308)

I use Precision Shooters Workbench & Field Firing Solutions from this site:

http://www.precisionworkbench.com

PSW runs on a P.C. FFS runs on a Windows Mobile PDA.

FFS is designed for military sniper teams to use in the field. It includes the ability to designate targets and final firing positions from GPS, map coordinates, and/or directly coupled laser rangefinders which output bearing and range data. It then builds range cards from the target position data.

I don't know if that software can be exported from the U.S. A note to the developer would be appropriate.

thanks
we are now testing ffs (demo version)
we hope to obtain good results
what do you think about athmosperic changes
what about the wind?
any idea to correct them?

I'm not sure I understand your questions.

Atmospheric data is changed by clicking to the Preset screen using the button at the bottom left corner of the main screen.

Wind data is changed in the main screen, or, if you're going to put in different wind data for different zones, by clicking on the "Wind" button itself.

yes yes i know
I´m asking if you know OTHERway to correct all that factors, without a ballistic program
thanks