• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes mk4 4.5-14x40 target

Bevan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2009
How do these compare to other Mk4s? I note that they're a lot cheaper, and have target knobs as opposed to M1/2/3 knobs, and they are also lighter.

I'm considering buying one and getting M1 knobs installed, I prefer the 40mm objective to the 50mm

Re: mk4 4.5-14x40 target

Bev, I have the setup you want. Exactly. I love mine and can tell zero diff to the other mark4's Ive owned. Loopy custom told me there was no diff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bev, I have the setup you want. Exactly. I love mine and can tell zero diff to the other mark4's Ive owned. Loopy custom told me there was no diff.</div></div>

Why is there a big price difference then. I was under the impression that the 4.5-14x40 PR LR scope is really a VX-3 with non exposed target turrets and a Mildot or Duplex reticle. That's the reason for the big price difference.

GC

Got me dude. Loopy said there was no diff. It did cost around 100 to get all three knobs switched. I bought mine used then converted it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got me dude. Loopy said there was no diff. It did cost around 100 to get all three knobs switched. I bought mine used then converted it.</div></div>

You forgot to add that it's a very good scope and a heck of a deal.

GC

I know someone of more experience can chime in on how they are constructed, but if you go to the Leupy Website and compare specs for the VX 3 (formerly the VX III) and the PR, (4.5X14 LR) they are exactly the same...........

Great scope have the custom shop put the TMR reticle in it and your GTG.

I had a 4.5-14x40 PR LR/T scope, it's a great scope but I found the turrets to be mushy compared to the M1 turrets.

Taking off the caps every range session was also a PITA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Taking off the caps every range session was also a PITA.</div></div>

Leave the caps off. They are there if you want to use them.

GC