• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mk5 3.6-18 with PR2. It exist!

Anyone know about these locking windage knobs on the mk5

Attachments

• IMG_2269.jpeg
    IMG_2269.jpeg
    352.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2270.png
    IMG_2270.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 162
Anyone know about these locking windage knobs on the mk5

Oh look, a way to know you’re actually on zero on the windage of a Mark 5. That’s a first. Guessing those aren’t available to the masses.

Oh look, a way to know you’re actually on zero on the windage of a Mark 5. That’s a first. Guessing those aren’t available to the masses.
After further looking it appears people are using the windage knob off of a mk8. But I haven’t positively confirmed it yet.

After further looking it appears people are using the windage knob off of a mk8. But I haven’t positively confirmed it yet.

Doubt you could just swap them over. The locking feature uses a raceway under the cap that is part of the turret. Wouldn’t work without it.

3.6-18 with pr1 or 2 mil and locking windage would be a hell of a crossover, hunting, or light tactical scope. I did feel the 3.6-18 had noticeably less IQ than the 5-25 version however.

Doubt you could just swap them over. The locking feature uses a raceway under the cap that is part of the turret. Wouldn’t work without it.
Maybe the lock doesn’t, but it gives a larger turret. Idk. But there is a thread on here saying that’s what is being done. I messaged those I’ve seen with it. And awaiting responses still

I saw a post with a picture with a MK8 knob on the windage but I can't remember for the life of me who did it. But I will be grabbing one here shortly when my MK5 arrives

So I found it here ya go*
Screenshot_20220502-215724_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I saw a post with a picture with a MK8 knob on the windage but I can't remember for the life of me who did it. But I will be grabbing one here shortly when my MK5 arrives

So I found it here ya go*View attachment 8131667
Same thread I saw. However I would like a little more confirmation then this. Especially due to last experience from that particular individual

Reactions: Eric32
Last edited:
I have a 5-25 and 7-35 pr2 and they are usable unless you mean cqb type of shooting. Then nah, tmr is your friend
I'm also curious about the usability at low mag for a gas gun that does some run-and-gun type shooting from 5-800yd. On your 5-25 at 5x would you feel confident being able to pick up on the whole value elevation and wind holds (the 0.5mrad wide markers)? I'm coming from Burris SCR2 (0.2 x 0.2mrad hashes at full mil values) and Nightforce Mil-XT (0.1mrad circles at full mil values) where I feel like 8x is kind of the minimum point where holds are usable for me.

Last edited:
I'm also curious about the usability at low mag for a gas gun that does some run-and-gun type shooting from 5-800yd. On your 5-25 at 5x would you feel confident being able to pick up on the whole value elevation and wind holds (the 0.5mrad wide markers)? I'm coming from Burris SCR2 and Nightforce Mil-XT where I feel like 8x is kind of the minimum point where holds are usable for me.

Put a RMR on the top. There’s no scope in the world outside of a LPVO that’s going to deliver that. With any kind of 3-18 class optic even if you can pick up the reticle it’s going to be super slow at CQB distances.

Put a RMR on the top. There’s no scope in the world outside of a LPVO that’s going to deliver that. With any kind of 3-18 class optic even if you can pick up the reticle it’s going to be super slow at CQB distances.
I already do offset a red dot. The Athlon 2-12 Helos is a good example of a reticle that is very workable for center point aiming at it's lowest 2x magnification, and holds are very usable by 4x. The reticle is useful for the entire magnification range. I'm hoping the PR2-Mil reticle in the 3.6-18 can perform similarly, where at 3.6x the center point is at least obvious and by 5-6x I can visibly see the whole value mil holds.

We have events that have blind stages with unknown numbers of targets ranging from 50-600yds that you have to find and engage, so being able to use lower magnification for ease of scanning with workable holds is super useful. The Athlon is honestly quite good for the price and purpose when these are silhouette sized targets, but I basically don't use 2x as is, so for the same weight and presumably better glass the Mk5 3.6-18 is appealing *if* the reticle is workable in the lower portion of it's mag range.

I already do offset a red dot. The Athlon 2-12 Helos is a good example of a reticle that is very workable for center point aiming at it's lowest 2x magnification, and holds are very usable by 4x. The reticle is useful for the entire magnification range. I'm hoping the PR2-Mil reticle in the 3.6-18 can perform similarly, where at 3.6x the center point is at least obvious and by 5-6x I can visibly see the whole value mil holds.

We have events that have blind stages with unknown numbers of targets ranging from 50-600yds that you have to find and engage, so being able to use lower magnification for ease of scanning with workable holds is super useful. The Athlon is honestly quite good for the price and purpose when these are silhouette sized targets, but I basically don't use 2x as is, so for the same weight and presumably better glass the Mk5 3.6-18 is appealing *if* the reticle is workable in the lower portion of it's mag range.

The PR2 has .03mil and .05mil lines and dots that Athlon has a .3mil center dot with a massive donut around it and thicker lines. They aren’t even going to be close on the low end and that’s not what Leupold designed that reticle for.

The PR2 has .03mil and .05mil lines and dots that Athlon has a .3mil center dot with a massive donut around it and thicker lines. They aren’t even going to be close on the low end and that’s not what Leupold designed that reticle for.
It also has 0.5mrad lines at mil markers compared to 0.2mrad in options in the SCR2 or 0.1mrad dots in Mil-XT. Those latter options aren't really usable until 8x or so. The leupold has the same line thickness but also wider line markers at mil values. I wasn't expecting it to be like the Athlon and usable at 4x, it wasn't designed for that use case. I'm asking someone who actually has this scope how usable it is at something like 5x compared to these other options.

It also has 0.5mrad lines at mil markers compared to 0.2mrad in options in the SCR2 or 0.1mrad dots in Mil-XT. Those latter options aren't really usable until 8x or so. The leupold has the same line thickness but also wider line markers at mil values. I wasn't expecting it to be like the Athlon and usable at 4x, it wasn't designed for that use case. I'm asking someone who actually has this scope how usable it is at something like 5x compared to these other options.

I’ve used the PR2 in a 5-25 which it has the same thicknesses in and you can’t make out any of the subtentions at 5x. 7x is where I started sort of seeing the tree but it wasn’t defined. 10x+ is where it really starts being usable. It’s a very fine reticle.

I’ve used the PR2 in a 5-25 which it has the same thicknesses in and you can’t make out any of the subtentions at 5x. 7x is where I started sort of seeing the tree but it wasn’t defined. 10x+ is where it really starts being usable. It’s a very fine reticle.
This is exactly what I was hoping to hear, thank you! Sounds like I'll probably continue to hold out.

I'll drop the new Stryker 1-10 reticle as some interesting innovation in reticle design. I like the idea of using larger dots for the shorter holds, assuming less magnification at the distances you need less hold, then use smaller dots for larger holds assuming you're using more magnification.

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 2.37.31 PM.png