• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mk6 Picture request

Mumbles

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2008
Pittsburgh Area
I'm giving serious consideration to the Leupold Mk6 1-6x. I'd really like to see one in person first, before commiting, but I don't know anyone with one. Any pictures through the scope at 1x would be appreciated. I'm particularly wanting to see it in different lighting, illuminated/not-illuminated, indoors/outdoors.

With the quality 1-6x optics, I believe the illumination and 1x performance is what separates them. They all do well enough at 6x.

I've read about all there is to read on this optic (and all the competing brands), but there is only so much you can learn from reading, particularly when a lot of what's written is very subjective. Seeing is believing, a picture is worth 1000 words, etc.

JonA did a top notch job photographing the SWFA 1-4 and 1-6 reticles in all conditions, and it went a long way towards selling me on those scopes (I suppose I'll get my SWFA 1-6 someday).

Re: Mk6 Picture request

You may want to contact LonewolfUSMC (8541 Tactical) and ask him. He has been doing reviews on Leupolds lately. He may be able to help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kchu02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found this

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/588812...html&page=1

I am in the same shoes as you and have been talking to LibertyOptics.

It doesn't seem like the reticle at 1 power is going to be aimpoint/short dot bright. I hope I am wrong because I have been looking forward to this scope. </div></div>

All the reviews I've seen from last year's Shot claim the reticle is Aimpoint bright at x1 power. However recent reviews that are out there suggest that the red dot illumination is lacking.

Mk 6 1-6: Recent review suggests that the reticle is not Aimpoint bright compared to other brands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kchu02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This makes me sad.

I might have to go back to a short dot </div></div>

Yes, I know I was holding out for one of these too, I want an Aimpoint bright reticle at x1 power, and it doesn`t look like the Leupold will deliver. Sadly S&B just recently jacked up the price of their 1-4 Short-Dot by $400 to $2800.

I felt on the one I had the illumination was sufficiently bright, I had issues with distortion at 1x. It was a nice scope, just not perfect for me.