• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mlok screws and nuts

texasleftychef

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
Can someone point me in the right direction to buy some flat head 10-24 screws and the locking T nuts? I’ve tried but most all appear to be metric instead imperial. Trying to make a flat plate with counter sunk holes into mlok nut. The factory mlok ones only seem to have rounded heads.

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. Yes I believe that is the screw. I guess what I’m trying to say is where to procure the nuts more than anything.
Most distributors that carry MagPul products should have kits/packs of the M-Lok nuts and screws as a stand-alone SKU. They are not very expensive and are very much worth ordering rather than trying to fabricate that nut to proper radius and dims.

If you are off just a smidge with your attempt, you could swage out / damage the host M-Lok slot on your handguard, etc. OR you could have your M-Lok accessory detach if too small / loose.

./

Reactions: texasleftychef

What do you recommend for the nut?
Can’t help there. You can check with Magpul themselves if they’ll sell you just the t-nuts. There are some SKUs they don’t advertise publicly that you can buy direct from them like their grip screws, but technically speaking they’re licensing the MLOK technology (for free) so I don’t know what you’d need to do. P/N for the commercially available replacement hardware set from Magpul was already provided in the thread.

Jumping in here as I've been struggling with this for a while now. I make custom Mlok attachments for my rifles all the time and sometimes I want to use my own screws with non-standard dimensions to attach things.
It seems that you cannot buy Mlok nuts by themselves, you have to buy the screws and nuts as a set. Something to do with ITAR? idk why else this would be the case.

99% of the Mlok screws and nuts sold on amazon are out of spec. Usually they are M4x0.7 rather than 10-24.

To attach something to your Mlok rail with your own screws, you have three options as far as I know:
1. Buy the magpul screw/nut replacement kit (expensive)
2. Buy out of spec mlok screw/nut kits on amazon or ebay and see what you get. Buy screws to match the threads of the nuts they send you (less expensive)
3. Buy 10-24 flange nuts or square nuts from mcmaster along with the 10-24 screws you need. (cheap, but you need a hold wrench on the back of the rail to install)

I guess option #4 is to manufacture your own t-slot nuts, but most of us don't have the resources for that.

Reactions: texasleftychef
Thanks everyone for the replies. With the nuts not really being available outside of the Magpul package it looks like I’m kinda forced to buy them. Just not real sure on the spec and the quality of the metric over seas stuff. Guess I can try both and see what works out.

Use any M-lok nut but choose a torx head fastener! McMaster Carr usually has what you need.

The ebay and Amazon ones work but not as well as the magpul as there smaller id stick with the magpul unless you can source sone from 419 or grayops

Howdy, thank you for this thread as it helped me out and I would like to share what I found.
I have used McMaster-Carr in the past and when you need a hard part to find they are the go to...
I got two sizes, 5/16” and 3/8” and was trying to get torx-plus but could only find them in 3/8”... the thread pitch is 10-24...
So the 5/16” hex head #91255A234 was the perfect size for my project and is almost flush with the t-nut... In the attached pics I replaced the screws to the right to show the difference from the screws that came with the rail attachments.
Also I called MAGPUL as suggested and they sold me 20 t-nuts for .98 cents each(I wanted a few extra)...
I will also send a pick of my order list as I got a torx-plus bit and a 6” 1/4 hex key(for a better fit)...
Hope this helps you out even though it’s late to the game...

Attachments

• B80D0A8E-912D-4BFD-AF27-3F86495BB218.jpeg
    B80D0A8E-912D-4BFD-AF27-3F86495BB218.jpeg
    479.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 079ACB89-B7FF-4753-BAA3-4549A5826A20.jpeg
    079ACB89-B7FF-4753-BAA3-4549A5826A20.jpeg
    437.1 KB · Views: 183
  • C8C3CE06-5B2F-4122-90B2-DFBF2DA76A85.jpeg
    C8C3CE06-5B2F-4122-90B2-DFBF2DA76A85.jpeg
    558.7 KB · Views: 204