• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes MLR2 reticle variations.

Sandbogg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2007
Nor Calif.
I took delivery of a new Nightforce F1 MLR2 scope today (I already had one).

The one I already have has the reticle marked at 5 and 10 mils and only the center of the crosshairs light up.The bolder part of the crosshair consists of two bold lines and a fine line in it's center.

The new one has mils marked at even intervals( 2,4,6,8 ). The whole reticle lights up and the bolder outer ends have three bold bars that show up A little better in brush and lowlight. ( imagine my surprise when I handed it to my boy to inspect and he started describing the reticle as having even numbers, when I was expecting it to be marked 5 and10 mils!).

I have to say the newer version of the MLR2 reticle looks really good although I kind of liked the "older"Mlr2's center only illumination a little better. I am sure when the battery goes dead I will appreciate the bolder outer crosshairs of the newer MLR2 reticle.

Re: MLR2 reticle variations.

Yes pics please, I'm in the market for one of these

Sorry, camera is 10 -7, so no pics!

Here is a link to a mock up that is close to the new MLR2, but there are a few more differences ( three bold lines on outer crosshair, a gap at the 10 mil hash, the entire holdover portion of the reticle is now illuminated ).

IMG_0824aweb.jpg

Mike, I am looking at one right now (born on 7-13-2011) and it has the 2,4,6,8 markings. They have either changed the reticle or are offering multiple versions.The newer version is very close to Marks mock up version.

BTW, I currently have both versions in hand.

The designation is known as the MLR in the SFP scopes. The MLR2 is the first variant for the F1 marked with 5 and 10 mils. The MLR2.0 is the second version which is marked 2,4,6,and 8 mils.

After several hundred rounds and a few outings I have to say I really like the MLR 2.0!!
DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

I found center only illum kinda sucks for holdovers at night. I know, who dies that with regularity...but when I did do it I didnt like it on the Schmidt I used.

Looks a lot like the March FML-1. I like the whole reticle hold over illumination