• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up MN member checking in!

Re: MN member checking in!

This guy is nuts!!!

J/K met him today, if he would have hung out a little longer I would have put him to work packaging up 56k worth of bullets but he ran away when we asked him to help.
wink.gif

Lets go shooting!

Adam

howdy.....

btw, we have got to get a tactical type match going somewhere around us....maybe the new guy will have an idea
wink.gif

I am actually working with the Elk River Sportsmans Club on getting a Tactical series or match setup...

Right now I think we are going to start a Thursday night F-Class shoot to start things off and see what kind of interest there is. Once we get a handle on things we will move on to getting in touch with some people about getting a match going.

Stay Tuned...

Adam

I would be there for sure.....I would surely be bad....but I would be there....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ker2222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be there for sure.....I would surely be bad....but I would be there.... </div></div>

Ditto that... I would have about three hour drive, but I would be there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wi50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I come out once or twice? </div></div>

I don't know about you cheeseheads over here... You always run the table and win everything.
wink.gif

Adam

You guys get all of this crappy white stuff too? Whats the latest Adam?

Yeah, we got a bunch of it too... Not exactly what I wanted to see this morning.
wink.gif

Adam

Hmm, weekly F class would be a fun deal over at Elk River. Need to talk to the president to see if he knows anyone to sponsor me so I can have an in to the club.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AutoVerminator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmm, weekly F class would be a fun deal over at Elk River. Need to talk to the president to see if he knows anyone to sponsor me so I can have an in to the club. </div></div>

Don't take my spot man! I am looking for a sponsor as well...

Adam

I dont know....If Marty wants to shoot Im going to pray for calm winds...otherwise Ill just save the ammo and just give Marty my entrance fee right off the bat....That is if he doesnt leave before getting his prize money!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yup...back up and runnin for now....I may have found acouple of cash jobs for the winter so Ill be on and off....

I need to give Ken a call here in the next few days he called and left a message a week or so ago....

Ken is out of town for awhile, he may answer his phone though give him a try.

When are we going shooting???

I dont know....I need to get some powder and basically start from scratch....

Had the new 300 out...(yes I kept it, Im not letting her go) I sighted it in on cheap box ammo soft points to take out to the deer stand this year....its in a field so I can get out to about 500yrds....last day out I pegged a pop can with it out at about 4-425yrds....second shot...I had comp guess come-ups.... was pretty damn close for the first shot....only 2 inches low...

I was reading you cannot use a break at these events.That eliminates my favorite 2 sticks, bummer. Where is the range in Elk River? I have a 3-4 guys from up here that would come down next summer to an event, stay in touch
Pen
Have any of you guys been to Harris? I heard they have events as well?

just take the break off, can't be as bad as a 50 without a break

soon as we get a reasonable warm day, I'm going to try the 6X47 at 1000 yds

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pengilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was reading you cannot use a break at these events.That eliminates my favorite 2 sticks, bummer. Where is the range in Elk River? I have a 3-4 guys from up here that would come down next summer to an event, stay in touch
Pen
Have any of you guys been to Harris? I heard they have events as well? </div></div>

Check out : http://www.ersportsman.com/

Harris is good too, just hard to get into.
wink.gif

Adam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wi50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just take the break off, can't be as bad as a 50 without a break

soon as we get a reasonable warm day, I'm going to try the 6X47 at 1000 yds</div></div>

Still need to get out your way to do that.....maybe after I work up a good load....

Thanks for the info, Im pumped to come visit! The Ultramag has the JP break red loctited. As does my 308, but the good news is I have a 7WSM coming in the next few months and Im hoping that will be my new favorite stick! Whats so hard about getting into Harris??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pengilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info, Im pumped to come visit! Whats so hard about getting into Harris?? </div></div>

You have to be a member to shoot there and becoming a member is not easy to do from what I have heard. I could be wrong but I have hard that from a couple of people that are members there.

Adam

If anyone is interested, we could possible have a range day late morning up at del tone in St Cloud tomorrow, Friday the 7th of Dec. Have some ammo I want to burn through my 308win and a new AR15 to break in.

Today is the 6th.
wink.gif

I may be in, will only have my .223 to shoot though as my scope is sold and am waiting on delivery of my AI...

I might have 2 long action 2.0 chassis here tomorrow as well... Could be Monday though, will have to wait and see.

Adam

Can't make it tomorrow, but with more notice I would have been in!!!!!

Next time I will be there

Hopefully sometime around noon'ish I should be good to go to the range. Let it warm up a bit out there and need to run the car through a car wash as she is a mess! To much road rally for me...

Looks like we will be shooting for Monday the 10th for a range day up at del tone. Ran out of free time today working on other projects and Adam didn't have time either. Hopefully we can get some more shooters if interested.

I will be making time to go Monday.
wink.gif

I need to shoot a few groups with my VQ 22 so I can post it up fr sale.

Adam

Just sold and shipped off my 24" upper, now I have some money for a railed forearm for my 20" 1/8 twist upper to throw some heavy stuff during F class tactical. Have to send in my varmint scope to leupold for some target knobs also and I will have one nice rig to play with.

So who is up for going to Princeton this Sunday?

Its a good ol boy shoot out at the West Branch Gun club....starts at 8am (I think) Ill have to check... but its alot of fun with a bunch of REALLY good guys...buy in is like 20-25 bucks not too bad and that includes Pizza and Pop.....LMK and Ill get ya the details....

Greg...sorry about that...I didnt end up making it down to the cities this weekend....get me an address and Ill just ship you my floor plate.....

I have directions printed out and will most likely be there... Probably not shooting though, waiting on a scope.
wink.gif

Adam

Sounds good....Im going to make a run up to get a lb. of RL22 here maybe tomorrow....gotta shoot this load development I have finnaly gotten around to loading...but either way Ill be there to hang out and shoot the shit with the guys....

I'll check my schedule for Sunday, but I have a feeling it's not good. My address is in the PM string.....if not I'll resend it.

Greg

Duh.....forgot about that and didnt even look....otherwise if you will be there on Sunday Ill just bring it with me.....

LMK,
I'll come out Sunday to get togather. I may just get lucky and get sighted in and some rounds loaded....how many do I need

Uh-Oh, that Wisconsin guy might clean house... Good thing you are not shooting Noah!

Holy crap if Marty is planning on shooting than I might just give him my buy in money and save the ammo!!!

Should be about 30rounds guys...not too many....

Ill try to find my shooting schedule from last year and get back to you guys.....

100-200-300-400-515yard & unknown

bench, standing, kneeling, & run 'n set up (timed)(those that cant kneel may stand)

lots of fun
base cost is $20-25 for a nonmember which includes pop and pizza mid way through the day...

Rounds:40 (+ your initial zero)

This is all I could find and its from an old post of mine.......
The initial Zero is as many rounds as you want to shoot......
VERY laid back atmosphere....its an old gravel pit guys so no running water or pissers....just the good ol bush in the woods if you need to....Not sure if we will have the fire pit this year....it was screwing with shooting last year...

As far as getting there.....those that dont know where it is would be better off meeting me somewhere and following me there....most of you have my number....those that dont and need to contact me just shoot me a PM...

Thats all Ive got for now Ill try to come up with better Intel before the shoot on round count but its right in there...Ill also make sure they havent changed anything....

I'd like to come out and see what it is. I haven't hardley pulled any triggers since summer and am way out of shape and would be lucky to hit much of anything. I'll try to get a couple rifles zero'd and some ammo loaded. If someone don't have a rifle they can shoot one of mine.

Most of all it'd be nice to get away for a while.

I've even got a little RL22 left over to give Noah, I don't use it anymore.