• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes MOA/MOA under $1k?

Re: MOA/MOA under $1k?

Not to many options...Perhaps the new Vortex PST or mabye a used Nightforce.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">uso ST-10 </div></div>

Please show me one for under $1k.

I actually have a quote in hand for a ST10 I'm getting ready to send in. I'm having a hard time writing the amount on the check though and thought I'd see one last time if there was anything else out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmarc69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex Viper PST. FFP and zero stop also. </div></div>

FFP doesn't interest me and I haven't been that impressed with any of the Vortex stuff I've seen in person.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Josh-L</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmarc69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex Viper PST. FFP and zero stop also. </div></div>

FFP doesn't interest me and I haven't been that impressed with any of the Vortex stuff I've seen in person. </div></div>

Well they have a non-FFP version as well. 800MSRP for the 4-16X version, so probably 700$ around the net. There's not a whole lot in moa/moa out there.

The new Sightron SIII line of scopes will be out soon. All less than a grand and offer the MOA/MOA setup.

http://www.sightron.com/index.php?action=view_document&did=1201816362&cat_id=6

In my experience and opinion, the SIII line is the best optic you can buy new for under $1000. The fact that they will now be offered in matching reticle/turret is just icing on the cake. I currently have the SIII 3.5x10 model and am very impressed with the scope. My father has the 8-32 model and I was very surprised with the optical clarity throughout the power range. I would not hesitate to purchase another one. In fact, I am planning on upgrading to the 6-24 MOA/MOA model whenever they are released.

For the most part, I think all the MOA/MOA scopes that you would probably consider have been listed with Sightron and Vortex being the top two new optics for under $1000. Obviously a used USO or Nightforce will be better, but hard to find for under $1000. If you have $1000 cash in hand ready to spend, I would suggest saving a few hundred more and finding a used Nightforce. But if saving money is the name of the game, the new Sightrons will probably fall in the $600-900 range depending on the model.

Scott at Liberty Optics is a good resource for Sightron and general scope information. His customer service is top notch and he has always been more than happy to answer all my noob questions about optics. You may want to PM him about availability and pricing. His prices are hard to beat and not always reflected on his website. Both of my Sightron's were purchased through him and his price was the lowest I found.

Best of luck with your search!

+1 for Scott at liberty optics. I have yet to send him an email and not hear back within 12 hours......