• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

+ MOA scope base needed or not?

Bridges90

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2017
Ashland, KY
Working on a new project gun and I’m not sure whether I need an moa base rail or not. It’s a Remington 700 AAC in .308. Ranges will be from 100 yards to hopefully 700-800. I’m going with an Athlon Argos btr 6-24 with 60 moa of adjustment. Should I get an moa rail or just go with a 0 moa for my applications? Thanks

Does it say anywhere what the upper/lower range of adjustment is? Usually it isn't split down the middle, but has a bias towards upper being extended range.

Does it say anywhere what the upper/lower range of adjustment is? Usually it isn't split down the middle, but has a bias towards upper being extended range.
It does not so I’m gonna assume it’s split down the middle. 60moa of adjustment is a little low but it’s a budget optic. I figure a 20moa rail will give me 50moa of elevation adjustment but I’m not a guru to this so idk if I need it or not

My 308 needs about 26MOA at 800yards with my normal loads. A 20 MOA base would give you some wiggle room.

Reactions: Newbie2020
I'd suggest the 20MOA rail. You say your distance limit is 800 yards....today. You may want to extend that in the future and with a 20 MOA rail that would give you some flexibility to that extend range.

A 20 MOA and 0 MOA rail cost the same, so why not get the 20?

Reactions: Newbie2020