• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes MOAR vs MOAR-T

Riggs308

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2014
I am looking to purchase a NightForce NXS 5.5-22 in the near future. I like the MOAR reticle, and understand the MOAR-T is simply the finer version. Currently it will be mounted on a 308 and used primarily for target shooting, however in the future I hope to mount it on a system designed for longer range targets (1000 yrds +) Which of these two reticles do you think will best serve my purposes? Has anyone had experience with both?

Thanks
Riggs

I've compared them side by side at a show earlier in the year. It all comes down to primary purpose and preference, imo. The MOAR-T would be my choice if mainly target shooting, the MOAR if primarily hunting or shooting against varying background, brush, etc. The MOAR-T reticle can get lost in a dark or busy background. I did find the illumination to help with that, however.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I have the standard MOAR and don't think I would want the reticle any thinner. I have no experience with the "T" version though, so I am just assuming I wouldn't like it.

I had one of the other reticles (NP something) that had very thin lines. I swapped to the MOAR. I was worried I wouldn't care for the thickness of the MOAR, but that turned out to be unfounded. It's plenty fine for load development at 100 yards, prairie dogs at 600, or banging steel at 1200. The MOAR is just thick enough I don't lose it in timber. I understand why they offer the thinner one, but I wouldn't switch if I could do it for free.

I shot a 1000 yard match with a 5.5-22x50 with a MOAR on a 300WM, and didn't feel limited by the reticle at all. A MOAR-T would have been nice for that purpose, but I'd rather have the field utility of the standard MOAR.

Last edited:
Like it has been said here in a few ways. For target shooting the MOAR-T. If your doing Tactical/field/hunting I would do the MOAR. With that said I have sold a few MOAR-T to guys that are using them for Tactical/field/hunting and they are very happy with it.

We stock both of them.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

Reactions: ArkansasBadBoy
The MOAR was developed to answer specific end user requests as an evolution of the NP-RF1 in the F1 model. We knew that if the MOAR was successful that the natural progression would be to make a Thin Target version (Hence "T") that would eventually replace the NP-R1.

Thank you to all that purchased a Nightforce Riflescope with a MOAR reticle and made it the success that it is.

It is really a preference thing........if you like wire thin reticles, you will love the MOAR-T. If you want to see your reticle all the time in most all conditions and do not shoot 1/2moa or smaller targets in perfect conditions all the time, the MOAR rocks.

Reactions: ArkansasBadBoy