• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MOASYSTEMS rear bag

hdbiker1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2010
SW Wa
I saw these at a local gunshow and starting thinking of my support hand cramping sometimes while squeezing the rear bag when doing alot of shooting. Took a little getting use to, but worked out great for me once I applied a consistent pressure on the stock. Check it out. What do you think?

http://moasystems.com/main.sc

Re: MOASYSTEMS rear bag

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBnqke-L7l8&NR=1&feature=endscreen"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBnqke-L7l8&NR=1&feature=endscreen" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Looks like a nice bag and a good idea. Is it all air or a traditional bag with an added air bladder?

It's an air bladder with poly beads I think. Works like a blood pressure cuff for adjustments.

Yeah that is how it ought to be, in case the bladder gives out. Damn good idea, wish it was mine. Might have to check one out whenever I have some spare $

I'll be interested in any range reports on these units from any Hide members. To me, the idea is sound and it appears to be a pretty well-made product based on what I have seen/read so far, but I'm curious about its durability (especially as much as some of us...me included...use/abuse gear). For $60...I'd expect it to hold up!

So its basically this wrapped in digicam?

blood-pressure-instrument.jpg

Looks like a really good idea wrapped in a shooting bag. If it doesn't have poly beads then yeah you're right, minus the pressure gauge

They are much more than that.
Contact moasystems.com to get info.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let anyone interested know that I have received one of these bags from MOA Systems. When I can get some quality trigger time (hopefully in the coming weeks after deer season, Thanksgiving and plenty of BS at work), I'll take it out for a workout at the range and some photos (maybe a vid, but no promises as I am the world's WORST photographer/videographer).

In brief...my initial impressions are that it is a well thought out design and well executed in terms of quality of materials/construction. As opposed to the heavy cordura (1000D) nylon that many of us are used to for items of this nature, the MOA Systems bag is a heavy cotton canvas/duck cloth. The fill, aside from the air bladder, is your typical poly pellets/beads. It has a full length/width pocket on the bottom of the bag for stowing the hand pump and tubing which has an elastic top closure to keep the hardware in place when moving the bag, etc. It has 4 rows of molle compatible webbing on the top of the bag, as well as a carry handle made from the same webbing material (which looks like a 5th row of webbing).

It is a pretty good size bag in comparison with some of my others, including a standard size Triad Wedge among several others I routinely use. Its roughly 6" wide x 10" long x 2.5" thick when deflated of all air in the bladder with a weight of just over 2lbs. Fully inflated, it roughly doubles its thickness to ~4" or so. I briefly tested it on the workbench with one of my heaviest rifles (~34lbs empty) and it did its job well allowing me very fine rear adjustments with the bag. Hardly a meaningful "test" of the product by any stretch, but as I said, I'll be sure to put it through its paces as soon as I can.

I've got one in hand, no range time yet, but I'm more impressed than I thought I would be. Nice bag, much more than just a BP cuff wrapped in a cover. Seems to be the right mix of air bag and poly fill.

I'm looking forward to using it, I really think it could be a very handy range bag.

Does the bag really weight 2.3 lbs? Seems a bit heavy in comparison to the accu-shot monopod......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coues7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the bag really weight 2.3 lbs? Seems a bit heavy in comparison to the accu-shot monopod...... </div></div>

I don't have the best scale for gauging weights in that range, but crudely, mine weighs a bit over 2lbs. As for being "heavy in comparison" to a monopod...well yes, what do you expect?!
wink.gif
All bags, filled with poly pellets, sand, etc., will generally weigh more than an accu-shot or other quality rear monopod. Even small bags or socks filled with poly pellets will quickly exceed your average 7-8oz monopod without too much effort. My standard size Triad Wedge weighs roughly 3x what a monopod does and a smaller bag like the Red Tac Half Pint still weighs well over twice what a monopod does! But...regardless of weight which is certainly only one of many different considerations...both a monopod and a rear bag have their advantages and disadvantages depending on the shooter, the setting in which the shooting is being done (whether it be in the field, in competition, on the range, etc.), etc., etc.

Having both and being proficient with both is never a bad thing!

So does this fall under "Mechanically adjustable", aka a NO GO for F-Class???

Either way, it looks nice, and something I'd like to get in the future!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coues7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are your thoughts on the bag? Do you like it? </div></div>

I have had VERY little time on this bag so far, so I'll reserve my judgment on it until I can have more time to better put it through its paces over the next month or so. However, so far I am impressed with its design and construction, and I think that the bag concept is very sound. For static position shooting/range work, I can see this bag becoming an integral part of my "must have" equipment. More to come later...

Had mine out for the first time today, and I must say im very impressed with this rear bag. It will definitely be a part of my shooting rigg!

moarearbag8.jpg

moarearbag7.jpg

moarearbag4.jpg

moarearbag6.jpg

Nice work, Hapter (on the rifle and the photos).
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dam3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So has anyone had a chance to use the shooting Bags? </div></div>

Hey Dan...despite passage of over a month since I received mine from you folks, I have STILL NOT had a chance to do much with it between hunting season, family obligations, work and the holidays. Honestly, I have hardly seen the range or the field in that time at all and even less time with the bag! I swear...after the first of the year, I'll get something more detailed and useful posted on this bag. I still stand by my initial impressions re: the quality of the design, materials, construction and functionality of the bag.

To those that have played with them....

Does it give you a good, solid compressed feel? Or is it more of a firm surface that the butt is resting on?

Just curious if when filled (with air), is it to hard? I'm sure when not pumped solid there is give to settle into, and then adjust height? Guess what I'm asking is how does it compare or feel to a standard or traditional type rear bag?

Thanks ORD,
Reg:
Does it give you a good, solid compressed feel? Or is it more of a firm surface that the butt is resting on?

Just curious if when filled (with air), is it to hard? I'm sure when not pumped solid there is give to settle into, and then adjust height? Guess what I'm asking is how does it compare or feel to a standard or traditional type rear bag?

Answer:
The bags do get to a solid feel when inflated to the max. The bags are made with a poly pellets media fill on both sides of the bag. The inner media sections are made with compartments to center the butt of the rifle and keep it centered but When the bag is inflated to a point where the fabric is at its limit, it is firm. "After break in", the fabric will stretch and the center trough will be more accommodating.
MOA Systems is making a new bag that separates the inflation bladder in a separate pocket specifically to keep the media section soft and eliminate the limits of the current bag. Currently they have a sniper team in Ft Benning Ga. testing the new bags and mats. Once they are happy the new bags will be on the MOA Shooter site.
MOA Systems Has their bags tested and reviewed by US Army snipers and LEO's prior to marketing. MOA has also just eliminated shipping inside the CONUS.
Thanks...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dam3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
MOA Systems Has their bags tested and reviewed by US Army snipers and LEO's prior to marketing. MOA has also just eliminated shipping inside the CONUS.
Thanks...</div></div>

Hoping you meant they eliminated shipping outside of the US

Eliminated shipping cost......
Thanks for pointing that out!
Hats off to Redirt78

I just placed my order for 2. I like what I see, time to test.

Mine arrived, I have not had a chance to try them since I've been traveling for work.

But I must say that the overall quality of the product exceeds my expectations. I can't wait to see how well it works.

Got mine! It is great. Only thing is I had to add a zip tie to the bulb, it came off one of the times when I was getting it out of I it's wonderful pouch.

Got mine! It is great. Only thing is I had to add a zip tie to the bulb, it came off one of the times when I was getting it out of I it's wonderful pouch.

Got one a couple months ago & put some time with it .
They are well made & not bad if you are planted Prone for an long extended time period on the Mat .
It did seem time consuming, hard to fondle & handle with positioning under the Butt . Just a little more playing around than I am used too .

Overall - I still prefer my old 4"x6" bean bag for shooting & packing in the field . It is a Quality Rear-Bag with good range of adjustments flat or on edge but I guess not my cup of tea .
also:
It does also double for a BasAss pillow when your reclined in the drivers seat & napping in your vehicle .

A recent post from our customers in Ft Benning Ga. On the MOA Systems Web page

I am a senior Sniper with the GA. National Guard, we have around ten of these shooting bags and have put them through the ringer. Just recently we held a try out for some guys to join the section, I had each shooter send 10 rounds while using a sand sock, then ten rounds using the MOA bag. After that they had the choice to use the sand sock or the bag. Every shooter chose the MOA bag and all had great things to say about it. 1. Very easy to maintain sight picture 2. easy to get back on target and reengage 3. did not have to worry about hand fatigue 4. great for making precise adjustments once on target. And the list goes on. The only thing that we had some trouble with was the fact that if you are shooting at a much lower target and have to pump the bag to its max, you lose some of the stability. However to combat this, I just used a dog bone shooting bag on top of the MOA bag and it worked out great. I have used this bag to engage targets from 200m out to about 875m and had great results. We are going to continue to use the bags every time we are on the range as well as in the field. I will let you all know how they hold up to the rigors of woodland stalking, as well as urban shooting and how we utilized them in each.

James Seets Ga. Army National Guard

Its much more than a balloon.

Great idea, I think I'm going to have to pick one up. Thanks for the helpful reviews.