• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mdt

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2020
Texas
Has anyone attached their mobile phone (set on video) to spotting scope to record bullet placement at 700 + yards.

Has anyone attached their mobile phone (set on video) to spotting scope to record bullet placement at 700 + yards.
Bullet placement can be hard to see depending on caliber and distance. I’ve gotten good trace through my phone with my spotter at 600+ using both a 6.5 creed and 6BR. However once we got past about 1200yds or so it was significantly harder to see and ultimately at 1823yds we could only see the flasher on the target.

Used to use this setup with my iPhone 5. Could easily see impact on steel. Obviously impact on paper wasn’t possible to see
1A57F1C4-2DA8-4E16-9266-A7E13D5C7E09.jpeg

Reactions: deersniper
I recently bought a phone scope adapter to use my phone thru my Leupold Spotter. Haven't had a chance to use it yet as the weather is horrible. I still need to play with my photo settings because the picture looks washed out compared to the naked eye. There is more color and contrast compared to using my phone.

Like this deer. Its fairly easy to spot then blends in a lot better while using my phone. It was at 300yds and I would find it then attach my phone to take a picture. If I lost it in the fov I would need to start over.

20201217_113011.jpg