• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Modding a L96 stock.. What's a good filler?

SpudCrushr

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2009
Harrisburg, PA
First off, my last topic was closed for an unknown reason...since it followed the forum rules. Guess I'll just have to start a new one...

Okay, so I bought a hollow L96 stock off ebay for 20 bucks.

The goal is to drop my Savage MKII in there.

However I need to fill the stock first so it's solid. Then I'll cut the barrel channel and all that fun stuff. Problem is, I don't know what to fill the stock with. I'd prefer a cheapish compound, since I'm only 17 with a limited income.

Maybe a fiberglass material, or bondo? It needs to be strong, yet soft enough to cut. (I don't want to ruin my router bits)

(from the last topic, by replica22)
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will end up hurting yourself. The majority of the airsoft stocks cant even hold up to airsoft standards. Im not bashing airsoft as I play it just as often as I shoot RS but there is NO way they should ever be mixed.

Sell it, get a job and save up for a real system if you like the AICS style that much. I promise you, you will hurt yourself if you attempt it.</div></div>

...and how will I end up hurting myself? I'm dropping a 22lr in there. First of all, they have next to no kick and the gun has less than 3k rounds through it. Second, I KNOW the l96 won't hold up to a normal gun. Were you expecting me to duct tape the action to the stock?? That's why I'm asking what to fill the stock with. Lastly, I have 3 jobs thank you very much. I wotk 6-7 days a week, about 7 hours a day during the summer. ATM I'm in 12th grade holding down 2 jobs over the weekend and week nights. Unlike most people that own an AI, I don't make $100,000+ per year. No.. I make about 1/20th of that, and I can't spend it all on a nice gun. Cars, gas, and insurance consume quite a bit of cash.

Once I complete this project, I'll be sure to email you some pictures...Whether they depict me in the hospital missing an arm, or a nice 1" group at 100 yards.

..Now does anyone have something intelligent to add to this topic?

Re: Modding a L96 stock.. What's a good filler?

Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. Any more suggestions before I whip out the credit card?

PLEASE invest in a good mask that will filter particulates and vapors. The micro-balloons are very bad for you.

How difficult would it be to cut down the wooden factory stock and use it as a bedding block for the airsoft stock? You would not have to worry about bedding the action since it would already be bedded in the wood.