• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Modern Day Ghost Ship

Slapchop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2009
New York
How do you lose a full size ship in this day and age and have zero idea of it's whereabouts?

- Yahoo Screen

Disclaimer: For the less astute among us, the above is a rhetorical question.

Last edited:
The excerpt accompanying the article explains how one might lose a ship in this day and age. Impounded ship being towed to scrap yard is lost when tow line breaks in heavy seas. The govt decides to just let her go... It also gives the impression that those who might care do, in fact, know where the ship is. In fact, there are predictions about where the ship will make landfall.

There is a jab about reading comprehension in there somewhere, but I'm not going to make it.

There was a rhetorical question in there somewhere but I'm not going to point it out either.

Whichever country it lands in will receive tons of free steel to scrap, and hopefully it doesn't cost too much damage on the way in.

TL:DR Blame Canada!

Oh yeah, this broke lose a year ago, welcome to the modern day...

Canada had better hope that another ship does not collide with the ghost ship as they had control of it last. Just not the right thing to do letting it go and creating a hazard to navigation.

zombies?....child's play

- canada has maritime cannibalistic rat ghosts.

send more out there to combat somalian pirates

if they want it back, just anchor a barge of cheese off greenland - problem solved.

Last edited:
Sounds like awesome target practice. I used to enjoy strafing an old ship at the Navy BT11 range on the NC coast - fun!

They should treat it like a big search and rescue exercise, then when found turn it into a live fire exercise...I dont know treat it like it is full of terrorists with bio weapons or something, roll in some fighters on it, or practice with deck guns, etc. Let one of those attack subs shoot it with a torpedo, those guys deserve something for not seeing the sun for weeks at a time.

Potential for some real fun here...

Gotta wonder how much fuel oil and other haz mat crap may still on board? WOULD certainly be fun to sink it by a variety of means though!

If that baby goes near Ireland we will have it stripped and sold for scrap before it hits the beach, does anyone want a pet rat?

Last I heard, it was headed towards the UK. Maybe Piers Morgan is leading his people home?

m0hHxU0.jpg