• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Modern Day Sniper -- Precision Rifle 201 -- Volusia County, FL February 11-13, 2021

CaylenW

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 29, 2017
Cowiche, WA
moderndaysniper.com
The sequel to Precision Rifle 101, we're sticking around Volusia County for another Precision Rifle 201.

We've got a day off in between the two because I'm shamelessly going to spend a day in the sky down the road at DeLand... 🤷‍♂️

Dates: February 11-13, 2021

Registration Link: HERE

Cost: $600 + $150 Range Fee

This is a great course for those looking to progress past the basic concepts of our 101 course. We'll get deeper into the things that matter when it comes to what you need to consider in calculating a firing solution, how to use your optics with regards to maximum point blank and holds, and quite a bit of time working on alternate shooting positions and the finer points of your post-shot recovery and visually processing what you're seeing for corrections. For the competitive shooter looking for an edge, this is a great class.

We're taking 16x for this one too, and it'll be Caylen and Phil teaching.

If you've got any additional questions, hit us up at [email protected]

Attachments

• Flyer - Volusia County PR 201.pdf
    763.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Reactions: winniedonkey
Yo guys! Course availability update!

We're good on slots for this one so far, we've got 11x left of 16x but we're confident that these will go really fast about 60 days out as per the usual registration patterns. DON'T WAIT!!

This should be a great time guys, the Volusia County range is a great venue and the weather this time of year in Florida is just awesome.

Bump!

We've got 9 slots still available for this course!

This is our first class of the year that Caylen and I will be teaching together and the only one on the East coast until November!

Hope to see you guys there!

Just finished the MDS 201 class in Pala. This course was well worth the money. This was a true 201 course and all 20 students were prepared for it. Great class pace, good keeping us always involved in drills and practice, no idling around time, and yet not rushed either.

Biggest lesson for me - WIND. They helped demystify it. We've all devoted a lot of time to trying to make good wind calls, understanding how it moves through terrain and affects shots. Despite all that, what I learned -

1. don't overcomplicate it. Make good observations and them simplify your call to a simple full value wind mph equivalent.
2. Really use your gun/load wind rating (mph) to assess your first shot and make adjustments for the other ranges. With some practice this really started to click enough to be able to do it "on the clock." (Thanks to Steve for spending extra time on this and it made a lot more sense to me after a discussion with him about it.)

Too many other things learned to list here.

THANKS to the MDS team.

Last edited:
Just finished the MDS 201 class in Pala. This course was well worth the money. This was a true 201 course and all 20 students were prepared for it. Great class pace, good keeping us always involved in drills and practice, very idling around time, and yet not rushed either.

Biggest lesson for me - WIND. They helped demystify it. We've all devoted a lot of time to trying to make good wind calls, understanding how it moves through terrain and affects shots. Despite all that, what I learned -

1. don't overcomplicate it. Make good observations and them simply your call to a simple full value wind mph equivalent.
2. Really use your gun/load wind rating (mph) to assess your first and make adjustments for the other ranges. With some practice this really started to click enough to be able to do it "on the clock." (Thanks to Steve for spending extra time on this and it made a lot more sense to me after a discussion with him about it.)

Too much other things learned to list here.

THANKS to the MDS team.
Thank you for the kind words, and thank you for coming out and trusting us with your training.

Super stoked you got so much from the course!