• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Modern outfitters MR1

Not recently but I remember them refusing to acknowledge that it's a mpa chassis and their price on a magpul hunter was way high. I haven't paid them much attention in quite awhile now though after I unfollowed on Instagram. They do take some pretty pics. I'm sure the machining is just fine

Last edited:
They want $6k for a MPa chassis with a goodness knows what barrelled action with some machine work to make it look cool.

I spent last week in Meridian, MS for sniper training and visited Modern Outfitters while I was in town. The staff seemed knowledgeable and professional. The owner was there, and gave my partner and I a tour of the custom shop. I handled several bolt guns and semi auto rifles. The quality of the machining, as well as the fit and finish seemed top notch. I cannot speak to the performance, but we were offered the chance to T&E a rifle when we returned home. If we take them up on it I'll report back. We did see quite a few full auto carbines that we were told had been built for Dallas SWAT, so it would appear they have some large agency customers.

Not recently but I remember them refusing to acknowledge that it's a mpa chassis

Maybe they changed their tune. The website states that they use MPA chassis. I was also told that the chassis was an MPA when I was there last week. I don't know that much about these rifles, but they look well made.

It looks about as good as men wearing skinny jeans. They seem to be tying way to hard to have something new and cool.
What would have been wrong with doing flutes on the bolt like everyone else?