• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Modified a Bell and Carlson Medalist

dksd39

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2006
Hollywood, FL/ Kentucky
I picked up a rem 700 in a Bell and Carlson Medalist from a local hide member and decided to convert the rifle a bit. I was not crazy about the stock so some modifying was in order. I must apologize as I forgot my camera at home so I have no pics of the work phase but it really is rather easy. If anyone is contemplating doing this do not hesitate...there is nothing to it. Grab a sander and go to work. You might hit some small voids but they can be filled with whatever you use to texture. I use marine tex but many other options work just as well. Shape it until happy then texture to your liking and really thats all there is to it. Here are some before and after pics. As for paint..I base coat with tan then sponge paint with OD, black and tan until I like it. Next week the rifle goes to STR and Ozzie will be cutting it down and threading it for my can- then the barrel and action get paint.

before
stockbefore2.jpg

stockbefore.jpg

after
P8080017.jpg

P8080018.jpg

P8080023.jpg

P8080026.jpg

Re: Modified a Bell and Carlson Medalist

Not bad at all........

Might have to look into this when my new build comes in.

Nice, looks better not being as wide as it comes from the factory. How does it change the feel in your hands with out it being so wide?
JMC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice, looks better not being as wide as it comes from the factory. How does it change the feel in your hands with out it being so wide?
JMC </div></div>

It feels great (much more comfortable)- you can shoulder it and there are no sharp angles on your hands...If they made it like this I honestly think they would sell more (maybe its just me lol)

I know I am digging up a old thread here, but this looks great. The only reason I havent got a a5 is because of the bottem of the forarm. Has anyone tried this on the A5. Did you cut the front down?