• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Modified OCW for 69 SMK and CFE223

Afkirby

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2009
Mechanicsville, MD
So I’m preparing for my first centerfire match and I’m going to try a little load development for my Mk12. I’ve been looking at 69 SMK’s and CFE223 since my local Walmart stocks it and it’s nice to be able to grab some components easily.

I’ve been looking at different “load workup” techniques and have settled on a combination of “OCW” and chronograph results to compare groups. I used the process that Dan Newberry mentions to figure out my charge weights to test (94%-101% of max load in 1% gradations). I plan on doing the “round robin” method of shooting the groups, as well as taking chronograph readings to get the SD of each gradation, as well as the SD of 3 consecutive gradations to hopefully identify any “flat spots”. Hopefully I’ll get some useful data, with less than 25 rounds down range.

Anything that I missed or advice I could get from the collective?

Thanks!

-Kirby

Attachments

• BCA7BFDF-157A-413D-A205-6E1C8E15698B.jpeg
    BCA7BFDF-157A-413D-A205-6E1C8E15698B.jpeg
    320.9 KB · Views: 58