• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Modifing a blind magazine

scpaul

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2014
central..... S.C.
I'm building a wildcat on a Savage116FSS(stainless).I'm using a Boyd's laminated heavy varmint thumbhole stock w/a blind magazine.I want to bed the metal magazine & remove the metal mag.I believe that reforming the metal piece would cause problems because of the way it is attached to the assy.It doesn't have any lips ,guides,etc. Then I'd like to lengthen the inside of the opening for longer ctgs. ,so longer bullets won't eat up the case capacity. I think if I leave the width of the mag. alone that I can use the original magazine ctg. lift assy. w/little or no modifications. Any suggestions,or potential problems,advice etc. would be appreciated. Thanks Paul

85 views,0 replies ? Bad/confusing description ? If this is a stupid question, tell me. I figure even if I screw it up I can grind it back out. I would like some other people's opinions . Thanks scpaul

There's usually plenty of suggestions on this forum. I suspect people just don't know what will happen if you do what you're thinking. Give it a try and let us know how it works out. It sounds like you'll be "breaking trail" on this one.

Try the Savage Shooters forum. If there is a way to modify a Savage rifle, someone over there has tried it and will be happy to help explain how.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk