• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Modifying a Safariland Mid ride, anyone done it?

FatBoy

After 20 years, going anonymous..
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2001
TN
I have changed belts recently, from a T Rex Orion padded unit to a Raptor Tactical and I’m finding that the way the Mid ride sits on the Raptor, the tip of the mid ride is now pressing hard into my quad. Has anyone tried heating one of these up and adjusted the angle a little bit? Is there an easier way to adjust the angle so it rides a touch more “wide” or am I looking at either going back to the T Rex? A drop leg unit? Something I’m missing?

Looking for ideas here as in the T Rex bruised my leg after about 6-7 miles. The Raptor is painful after 20 minutes on a square range but I like the two piece belt for obvious reasons.

How is your Safariland holster connected to the belt adapter ? Using Safariland belt clips with ELS / QLS system or belt loop ? A nice way to keep your mounting options is employing a female QLS mount on either a Safariland hip mount or clip mount to your belt; I use screws thru the clips to prevent any forward-reward motion of the clip on the belt. The thickness of the mounting system laterally offsets the holster by ~ 1/2" or so which is a good bit of relief in your situation. An ELS mount to the belt allows for quick change from the belt to a drop leg rig option. It seems like if you heat up your present situation to cock the muzzle outward, the grip is coming inboard to poke you in a different way.
IMG_3108 copy.JPG
IMG_6205 copy.jpg
IMG_6211 copy.jpg
IMG_6205 copy.jpg
IMG_6208 copy.jpg
IMG_6209 copy.jpg
IMG3033a.JPG
Sig P320 VTAC Wilson Combat Grip GLS Safariland Drop Leg Rig Photos 2020IMG_5805 copy 2.jpg
Sig P320 VTAC Wilson Combat Grip GLS Safariland Drop Leg Rig Photos 2020IMG_5806 copy 2.jpg

My stuff is pretty standard fair. I like the paddle with the QLS on it, that’s pretty slick. Currently, my pistol sits at the height and angle Inlike so I’d like to keep it there.

D6FB9A0C-0F78-4768-944A-A68ED007B3A0.jpeg
181967B1-179D-4BC8-9B73-BF382938C33F.jpeg
90B267C1-DBA4-4ACF-B0FE-C61253EEF992.jpeg
0C8527D3-1EFB-45B7-9632-E8C86478F193.jpeg

I have the Safariland UBL also which might be the right choice for your situation, still end up using a QLS system.
IMG_4368 copy.JPG
IMG_4370 copy.JPG
IMG_4372 copy.JPG
Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 6.22.21 PM copy.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 6.36.07 PM copy.png
IMG_2031Safariland QLS Clip-ON Mounts Rigger Belt Setups 02.10.22.jpg
IMG_2032Safariland QLS Clip-ON Mounts Rigger Belt Setups 02.10.22.jpg
IMG_2033Safariland QLS Clip-ON Mounts Rigger Belt Setups 02.10.22.jpg
IMG_2030Safariland QLS Clip-ON Mounts Rigger Belt Setups 02.10.22.jpg

.......and some other rigs, almost all of mine use a QD system as it's easy to remove / rearrange kit in seconds.
IMG_2026Safariland QLS Clip-ON Mounts Rigger Belt Setups 02.10.22.jpg
IMG_2027Safariland QLS Clip-ON Mounts Rigger Belt Setups 02.10.22.jpg
IMG_2028Safariland QLS Clip-ON Mounts Rigger Belt Setups 02.10.22.jpg
DSCN1574 copy.JPG
DSCN1582 copy.JPG

Between this shit and scope mounts, this is not an inexpensive hobby.

I’ll do some digging. You’ve given me some great ideas on what might work. Plastic isn’t too expensive and will work with my holsters.

What I need to find is a place I can hike with my belt on to see how it’s going to ride while moving at distance. I get away with the PC and a pack but the belt adds a level of Ninja that may have SWAT waiting for me at the truck….

• Haha
Reactions: pmclaine
Just use the QLS system to mount your kit inside your pack, oriented for easy withdrawal and transfer to on-body QLS kit. There's a
zillion permutations. Fabricated polymer velcro mounts in Safariland soft pack and Blue Force Jedburgh pack. I have been devising this applications for 15+ years now.
CIMG2929 copy 3.JPG
CIMG2930a copy 3.jpg
IMG_6063e copy.jpg
IMG_6080 copy.JPG
IMG_6086e copy.jpg
IMG_6223e copy.jpg
IMG_6224 copy 2.jpg
Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3961 copy.JPG
Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3964 copy.JPG
Jedburgh Blue Force Gear Backpack SBR Law Folding Stock PWS KAC Wilson AR9 .300IMG_3965 copy.JPG

739D3A75-CE63-4261-AEF7-4F2CE0CBC344.jpeg
True north concepts drop mount ftw. Only thing I MIGHT change is a belt with molle wouldn’t be slightly more comfortable, but it’s not uncomfortable at all. I also added a leg strap.

Reactions: Gustav7
The Raptor I’m running is a the double layer. I have been thinking this lack of flex may be the difference in angle over the Irion?

Nice setup, Mike.

Reactions: akmike47
I have changed belts recently, from a T Rex Orion padded unit to a Raptor Tactical and I’m finding that the way the Mid ride sits on the Raptor, the tip of the mid ride is now pressing hard into my quad. Has anyone tried heating one of these up and adjusted the angle a little bit? Is there an easier way to adjust the angle so it rides a touch more “wide” or am I looking at either going back to the T Rex? A drop leg unit? Something I’m missing?

Looking for ideas here as in the T Rex bruised my leg after about 6-7 miles. The Raptor is painful after 20 minutes on a square range but I like the two piece belt for obvious reasons.

Besides @strikeeagle1 putting 7000 full size images on this thread (why can't you just resize them or put them as attachments? lol)

I second the True North Concepts MHA, as I just ordered one.

You can also check out Wilder Tactical's UBL modification here:
Wilder Modified UBL

I did try to heat my UBL for my USPSA rig and it didn't work FYI

The images all show up normal size on a phone. Are they oversized for you?

Thx, I’ll check them out.

Chris