• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mods plz pull down

Re: Mini 14 Scope problems.

Had that small mil dot piece of NcStar crap on my mini at one time, and gave the POS away. I mounted mine on a NcStar pic rail though. Took that off too, because I wanted to have my irons available incase my optic goes down.
Oh yeah, you might not get much love for the mini round these parts. They tend to lean more to the AR platform.
Good luck with that Nc, and give it a whirl. Worst case, it don't work for you.
Eric

yea i prefer my AR too but i wanted a good semi auto rifle besides my ar to do a a over watch and assult role

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DevilDog1988</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yea i prefer my AR too but i wanted a good semi auto rifle besides my ar to do a a over watch and assult role </div></div>

Overwatch and assault role? with a mini14? an improperly outfitted mini14?
crazy.gif

yea its called variable zoom. i can go down to 3x and and have an offset red dot. ive actually pulled over watch so its something i could see myself using in a SHTF scene, thanks though buddy

Is that Nc the 3-9 with illum. mil dot, and rubber coating? Mine came on a quick release mount, so I had to use a rail. I don't know how stable your mounting will be using only one ring. May not do so well under any rough use. How well does your mini hold groups at 100 under rapid fire? Have you done any mods to it?
Eric

Its standard mil dot but without illum and rubber coating. I havent shot it yet with the scope mounted, but i did tighten that sucker down and doesnt wobble at all when i try and move it. but I know the rifle with out the scope can hit a can at around 80 yards. thats about as far as the land here allows me to shoot.

why doesn't AICS make a chassis for the mini14? its such a bad ass weapon i mean doesn't like 140 military units use it? i'm pretty sure i saw some navy seals using em in a movie. Chuck norris has one in his truck. God keeps one under his pillow. you guys need to put schmidt and bender 5-25's on there with a canted T1 so you can be fucking bad ass and quick scope people like on COD and still be able to shoot people at a mile.

stop_posting.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DevilDog1988</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> So I mounted the rear scope ring to the rifle and the scope to the ring by the front lens part of the scope. I can email you pics if you want to see what Im talking about, just shoot me ure email and let me know. </div></div>

DevilDog, just post the pics here. That would be great.

What you need is the CounterSniper scope with the combination overwatch/assult reticle. It also has a spare reticle so you can overwatch your overwatch.

You should drop that Mini 14 and get the Countersniper scope and a F&D Defense .308 Prototype for $20,000, dslmtrcle bought it for 10k but it's so powerful and precise and it's also used by ninjas, did I mention it was used by ninja SEALS also? He claims it shoots like nothing else and you can belt-feed it with F/A to get sniper precision while firing 850 rounds a minute! And it's the best .308 <span style="font-weight: bold">in the world</span>!
EDIT: Don't forget it'll be great for overwatch when you load all cartridges with pistol powder! [don't try this at home]

Serious PS: Why would you mount a scope using one ring only? It's just stupid. And yes, this was my first post, no I don't own a F&D rifle but I have handled lots of semi-auto .308s over the years.

-TDKPS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For once.........I got nothing</div></div>

I have a few things but it would probably lead to a ban

CAMO_MINI_141-1.jpg

Haha, Ok this next pic and link might actually help you...

IMAG0045.jpg

NcStar on Mini 14 ^ w/B-square mount

and a link with Mini 14 mounts

MINI 14 SCOPE MOUNTING OPTIONS

I can't recommend any of them. I haven't seen any mounts that I like for them. Someone might make a decent one though. My uncle had a cheap mount on a mini14 and asked me to mount a Tasco on it for him. I got to almost 15lbs with my Borka torque wrench and the slotted knurled wheel mounting screw (POS) broke clean off.

Hey if some one can pm me and explain how to post a pic that would be cool

Bwahahahahahahahahaha. On a serious note, to post the pic you need to upload it to a image hosting website (tinypic.com for an instance) then get the direct link to the image and put it like this in your post :

-TDKPS

Like i said its only mounted on one ring because the scope wasnt long enough to use both rings.

You might just need a new mount. Click on that link I posted for you. There are tons of mounts in that thread. I searched "Mini14 with NcStar" on Google and thats what popped up. If it cost ten bucks its a POS. If it has the slotted, knurled, finger tight type screws to mount it, yep POS.

And if the scope is too short for the mount size or too small for the rings, try having one built for you by a gunsmith.

-TDKPS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDKPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a serious note, to post the pic you need to upload it to a image hosting website (tinypic.com for an instance) then get the direct link to the image and put it like this in your post :

-TDKPS </div></div>

That is how you post pics here, just sayin

Well it took long enough for the shit storm to arrive. OP it will just snowball out of control from here.
Good luck.

Yeah I was kind of thinking NcStar on anything fail. Never heard anything good about them. I think mounting it with only one ring is going to be guaranteed fail. Find a pic rail that bolts onto the Ruger mounts and get some decent rings. If that doesn't work, ditch the NcStar

@OP Can you please post the picture you said you would?
It might be easier for those that check this thread to see the scope and the mount.

-TKDPS

yea i realize NCstar is not a leopold but what can you do on a military salary?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DevilDog1988</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yea i realize NCstar is not a leopold but what can you do on a military salary? </div></div>
There are better options than NcStar, less expensive than Luepold. I've had $20 Simmons scopes better than NcStar. This was after giving my Nc junk away. Hell I've had better luck with WallyWorld Centerpoint than NcStar. They are around same price point too.
Eric

If I were you I'd get a rail for it so you can use the other ring with the scope and go from there. Some of those rails are 15-20 dollars and might be better than the way you have it. Hell try it like it is first.

i think ill just sell some MRE cases or something to fund money, getting alot of hate on my ncstar!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DevilDog1988</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like i said its only mounted on one ring because the scope wasnt long enough to use both rings. </div></div>

You either need a longer scope, or a different base, or a different rifle. May I suggest all three?

Re: Mods plz pull down

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DevilDog1988</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mods plz pull down </div></div> ... his pants and spank him?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For once.........I got nothing </div></div>

WTF?