• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mohammed, we have have a problem!!

jmp1

Massive ability to turn you off.
Minuteman
  • Mar 25, 2011
    Trinity County Ca
    “According to public records, Masawi and Safdari lived in the homes connected to the airport's taxi strips.”

Dang, how do I get to be apart of a relocation program paid for by my tax dollars that gives me a home on an airport where I can keep my plane in the garage?? Those homes are usually very expensive. My tax dollars at work providing a better living for people who never paid taxes than for those that do. Pathetic.

The organization said the three men were part of a pilot training program sponsored by the resettlement agency and funded by the Willamette Workforce Partnership.

what could go wrong?
    first thing i want to do after being forced to flee mortal danger in my homeland is learn how to fly airplanes. :rolleyes:

IMG_0423.gif

what could go wrong?
    first thing i want to do after being forced to flee mortal danger in my homeland is learn how to fly airplanes. :rolleyes:
    Well, the one leveling factor in aviation is that it’s very unforgiving if you screw up; it doesn’t care what protected class you hail from nor what tax funded agency is paying the bill. Sounds like these gentlemen ran into a self correcting problem. The article doesn’t give very many details, but it sounds like the one piloting only had a private license and was it was foggy.

Like you said, “What could possibly go wrong”??

I read the article again and did a little digging. The airport they were going to, 7S5, has a 3000’ runway with no instrument approach procedures, they were flying in heavy fog according to the article, they crashed at 4:52 PM and sundown was 4:31 PM, and the pilot was not instrument rated. My guess is that he had been doing IFR training since he got his private in May and he had a made up non approved GPS approach to the airport to give him lateral navigation, but it did not provide adequate vertical guidance to keep him out of the power lines. Who knows, for sure, the mistakes cost them dearly.

Being that they were Afghan, I wonder if they were some of the few refugees brought here after the Potato Head abandoned Afghanistan? They may have been assets when we were there.

The article also said:

“The organization said the three men were part of a pilot training program sponsored by the resettlement agency and funded by the Willamette Workforce Partnership.”

I wonder if the Willamette Workforce Partnership funds pilot training for people born in the US, or only refugees? It’s bothersome that we often piss all over our own people and hard working troops, then roll out the red carpet for refugees, or so it seems.

Well, the one leveling factor in aviation is that it’s very unforgiving if you screw up; it doesn’t care what protected class you hail from nor what tax funded agency is paying the bill. Sounds like these gentlemen ran into a self correcting problem. The article doesn’t give very many details, but it sounds like the one piloting only had a private license and was it was foggy.

Like you said, “What could possibly go wrong”??
    A skylane in dense fog and a brand new pilot.... what an idiot

Reactions: KYAggie
    I wonder if the Willamette Workforce Partnership funds pilot training for people born in the US, or only refugees? It’s bothersome that we often piss all over our own people and hard working troops, then roll out the red carpet for refugees, or so it seems.
    I'm sure you or I....nor our kids would qualify. Piss on middle class born and raised Americans but make every opportunity for refugees and illegals.

Not to mention that our colleges and other training centers are full of foreign nationals.
    They come here to be trained by us then go home with knowledge to help our enemies.
    Locally, we have a flight school that trains Chinese airline pilots. Why can't they train in their own country?? One of the prerequisites for a pilots license is to be proficient in English. These guys fly low approaches and pattern work at my home field. Most the time you can't understand a thing they say.

Most the time you can't understand a thing they say.

Yeah, and that’s when they are “on script”; just wait until something happens that takes them off script and there’s not only no way anyone can understand what they say on the radio, but you also have no idea what they are going to do.

Reactions: jmp1
    <snip>

I wonder if the Willamette Workforce Partnership funds pilot training for people born in the US, or only refugees?
    It’s bothersome that we often piss all over our own people and hard working troops, then roll out the red carpet for refugees, or so it seems.
    Unfortunately all I need to do is see a picture of the staff and I have little doubt what kind of shit they stand for.
    Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 9.33.14 PM.png

Authorities said Musawi was piloting the plane. According to Federal Aviation Administration documents, he obtained his private pilot license on May 30 and was certified to land single-engine planes.

ec6b9ffa3f071e1b90bacddd3bd12fbb.gif

• Haha
    Reactions: KYAggie and jmp1
    FYI, Juan Browne just posted a preliminary examination of this accident -