• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Moist Nugget

Re: Moist Nugget

Woops, sorry, this is not my Mosin, I should've clarified. I do have one but this is just a nice pic I found somewhere on the internet.

If it is not your Mosin, I can post this one that is not mine:
http://thegunsmiths.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=599&sid=baf054ea8e7a7b97082cc958fdf440b2

That guy has welded over the rear bridge and welded the bolt handle further back on the bolt bode to be behind the rear bridge.
That is the next step for me.

-----------------------------------------
My meager efforts:
I have welded the bolt handle to be bent and longer.
I have plillar bedded and glass bedded the stock.
I have done a trigger job with a piece of tape under the rear of the sear.
I have re barrlled (3) 91/30 types [45/70, 30-30, 7.62x54R], cutting threads, chamber, and extractor relief on the breech.
I have drilled and tapped for scope mount.
I have made a few scope mounts from an AR15 risers.
I have some pics on this thread:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=56481&highlight=91%2F30

I respect tacticool Mosins. That sounds like a fun project, especially since there's no pressure if you happen to screw up.
How have your groups improved?

I take extensive notes, but I do not have control on the group size before and after bedding 10 years ago.

I am working on an M38 for someone, that I will test before and after.

I'm interested to see how accurate someone could make one. You should upload some pics. It sounds like a good opportunity to test out some gunsmith theory and technique.

I know someone who walked into the sporting good store and bought the cheapest 223 Rem700 they had with crap barrel for less than $400 retail.

He lives 10 minutes from field he uses as a range.
He only goes early in the morning when there is no wind.
He has been getting 5 shot 100y groups in the 2's and 3's.

Not much science there.
Gun and scope weigh 7 or 8 pounds.
Bullet weighs 40 gr.
Powder weighs 25 gr.

If I build a 40 pounds Nagant, I expect to shoot in the 2s and 3s on no wind days.