• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Molle compatable holster

I've got two of the holsters from Ares Tactical, and they work great. Hold the holster in place solidly on the PALS, and have really good retention.

20180511_182706.jpg

http://www.arestactical.net/product/molle-holster/

Last edited:
ide also take a look at Bravo Concealment

G-code has a set-up for that. I use it on my hunting pack and then can swap to a paddle or belt mount while I am processing game or in camp.

I like the Blackhawk Serpa Lvl.2 holsters. I usually wear a Milt Sparks VM2 for concealed carry, but sometimes I say "fuck it" and just wear it on the belt, open or concealed. The Lvl.2 retains the pistol but still draws as fast as a non-retention setup. As far as mounting, they make everything for these. Belt, IWB, paddle, Roto, Molle, etc.

Just note that when you say Serpa, it also sometimes means you have to do trigger finger stuff with to get the gun out of the holster. Negligent discharge incidents have been noted far and wide with that design. It's a very bad idea, and ill advised.

I use the nylon holster from tactical tailor. Does my g22 awesome with a tlr1 on it. And it has a lot of adjustment.

Just note that when you say Serpa, it also sometimes means you have to do trigger finger stuff with to get the gun out of the holster. Negligent discharge incidents have been noted far and wide with that design. It's a very bad idea, and ill advised.
the people that blame serpas for their NDs are also the same people that blame Glocks for their NDs...they are fucking morons who dont want to accept responsibility for their stupid behavior and failure to train.....

they sell thousands of those holsters.......if they were as dangerous as yall make them out to be, youd hear about them daily.........rather than the couple of incidents where idiots manged to hurt themselves.

Reactions: mj1995
the people that blame serpas for their NDs are also the same people that blame Glocks for their NDs...they are fucking morons who dont want to accept responsibility for their stupid behavior and failure to train.....

they sell thousands of those holsters.......if they were as dangerous as yall make them out to be, youd hear about them daily.........rather than the couple of incidents where idiots manged to hurt themselves.

I flip back and forth on this. Properly drawing should put your trigger finger on the side of the frame. Practice will make sure that’s what happens. But when something different is introduced the. That seems to be where the problem comes in.

Say you’ve drawn 500 times in the mirror from standing with your arms at your sides. But then you change it to a crouched position, or sitting, or leaning, or wearing a vest/plate carrier and something changes the angles you’ve practiced. Or instead of that smooth draw in the mirror one is rushing... that’s when the mistakes happen.

Sorry, not really on the thread topic. So as not to derail completely:

I’ve used the kydex pancake style holsters and removed one screw on the belt loops and put it through the webbing then screwed it back together. This was done on an HSGI belt. Hods very securely.

I ran the belt loops through the MOLLE webbing on my HSGI with my JM holster, Rock solid. Now I just need to get some stacked tacos.

I ran the belt loops through the MOLLE webbing on my HSGI with my JM holster, Rock solid. Now I just need to get some stacked tacos.

The stacked tacos seem too wide. It doesn’t seem like it would be that much, but in function, they stick out really far.

You may not mind it, but it seemed very busy when I tried it.

The stacked tacos seem too wide. It doesn’t seem like it would be that much, but in function, they stick out really far.

You may not mind it, but it seemed very busy when I tried it.

I was torn on the width, I haven't bought any yet. I have thought about just buying the non stacked.

D’oh. Autocorrect changed it to busy. I mean “bulky.” I have both HSGI Tacos as well as G-Code Scorpion magazine pouches. The Scorpion system was bought used and came stacked ( single rifle mag, double pistol mags). I also tried stacking an HSGI single rifle mag taco with a pistol mag taco. It stuck out (what felt like) extremely far on the belt. Same with the Scorpion. The other problem was that much weight that far out from the attachment point made the tops of the jags pull away from your body, making the bulk and width seem even worse.

I don’t want to steer you away from what you want, only to relay my experience. But I wear a medium (35.5”) HSGI SureGrip and I have enough room on my support side for two single pistol mags pouches and then two double mag pouches , an empty column of molle, then a big dump pouch at the rear, which is slightly more to my support side. I can still lay prone without laying on any mags. Right side has a holster only and sometimes I put another single pistol taco on there. Either to hold the mag for the pistol or a fourth mag (one in pistol, three spares on the belt) should we have a pistol-heavy stage (I’m not very good with a pistol).

I run the same belt, but the lite, and the next size down. That is why I haven't bought any yet, still on the fence. I'm running the JM custom kydex double mag pistol, with tactical tailor double rifle mag right behind it. I don't like the tactical tailor pouches in a match situation or when were chasing shit in the RZR.