• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Molon labe postcards -UPDATE NEED VOTES on design

High Binder

Resident Tribologist
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
Occupied Colorado
If you didn't read the thread in the 2nd amendment section:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3782510#Post3782510

^^^ Please do prior to reading the rest of this.

First off, I really need to know how viable this is, printing is ready to go already and I can get them printing tomorrow but I need to gauge the level of donations we'd see so that I don't under-run (not print enough) the printing session or over-run (too many) leaving me with a huge debt.

I also need help from a graphic designer or somebody who can do more than I can in Photoshop/Gimp. We need a design that is simple but gets the point across. I need the file formatted in JPG and set to 4"x6" Something along the lines of one of these or a combination of them:

So in a nutshell, I need to know if you'd contribute money and also if you'd be wiling to receive some of the finished cards and hand them out to gun stores and everyone else who might send one to a legislator/prez. The idea is to get these cards anonymously (or not) sent to legislators from all over the U.S.

I also need a design that I can have printed legally (i.e. I need one created by somebody who will give me permission to have it printed/distributed). My thinking is that we're only a few weeks from having a bill introduced so with shipping time (printer to me and then me to you) we're really behind the 8-ball on this so fast is the name of the game.

Re: Molon labe postcards

I'm buying postcards and addressing them by hand. Molon labe on the back with big marker. doing it now.Looking into bumper stickers and maybe shirts . a place here in town specializes in that . If I can get it up I'll say here and send out at cost.

Im thinking that since we're doing this through Sniper's Hide we should get LowLights permission, and blessing. I thik we need to be careful to keep it STRICTLY apart from the Hide. If it flys with him Id like to suggest we expand this thing. Personally, as soon as The University of Virginia comes back into session Im going down to the school paper, and alumni magazine, and (attempt to)take out an ad something to the effect of...

Protect our children and students.
Support concealed carry for instructors.

It only seems appropriate in that Jefferson was so staunchly in favor of the citizenry haveing the ability to protect themselves, and Madison was the author of the Bill of Rights. Mabey in the local paper as well. Some may not be able to take action personally but would like to help financially. If there is excess we could find good purpose to put it to. Ive pm'd with High and offered to help out if it all comes together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We need LL's permission to write our congressmen? </div></div>

well KY... someone's permission... I mean, if nobody tells us we can, it's probably against a rule, or at least a bad idea...right?

(sarcasm)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We need LL's permission to write our congressmen? </div></div>

No, just thought it might be respectful since its being organized through his site, and I think this is his livelihood, and that it 'could', if handled carelessly, draw attention to the site. Right at this time thats probably not something any of usreally want...draw attention to a SNIPER site. If he don't give a damn, I don't give a damn.

Maggot out.

I am in on some. Give ma a price and where to send some cash.

Yes, yes, let's all send out nifty, edgy postcards. That ought to do it.

That is clearly what it takes to bulwark the rights of free men and women to exercise their Constitutionally endowed freedoms.

Let's get our names on those lists that speak our minds clearly.

I don't think you guys are such devoted students of history.

When the Brits wanted bodies to shoot at, Patriots of whom to make easy examples; those bodies all gathered in a crowd, so they could be more easily seen..., and shot.

It was called the Boston Massacre.

When the Storm Troopers rounded up the Jews and dissidents, they needed only to read the petitions of those dissidents in order to identify them and find their places of residence.

Suicide always makes perfect sense to its truly successful devotees.

I admire the drive that causes men to place those chips on their shoulders, square their jaws, and take the righteous stand. Every cause needs the bodies of its most genuinely dedicated martyrs upon which to nourish itself; just ask the Christians.

But it's the others who carry the fight to its conclusion.

I tip my hat, and follow different counsel. Righteous is admirable; effective is more..., effective.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That is clearly what it takes to bulwark the rights of free men and women to exercise their Constitutionally endowed freedoms.

</div></div>

I don't see it as being any different than joining the NRA, Sniper's Hide, or putting "Republican" on your voter registration card. Hell if you want to talk about being on lists, being a member of this site and having the single most posts on this site probably puts you at the top of countless "watch" lists already. For my money, I think this mailing campaign is just a way of giving our community a voice, albeit a small one but a voice none-the-less. Might as well use the 1st amendment now, because when the 2nd is gone, the 1st will be too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Righteous is admirable; effective is more..., effective.
</div></div>

Some G-man could easily interpret the above line as being far more dangerous then a little mailing campaign...

I don't disparage your view, but I do think it's different from what we are doing here or with the NRA, because in the one instance, we're putting our support into an actual organization that works on our behalf, as opposed to running our sticks across the bars of the lion's cage itself.

One is engagement in a constructive endeavor, the other is simply vocalizing a deliberate provocation.

Remember which nails attract the hammer most effectively, while either kind supports the plank equally. If anything, the hammer is reminding the odd nail where its true destiny resides.

If I gave a shit what some politically motivated pawn chose for their interpretations, I wouldn't be here at The 'Hide at all. If some G-Man comes looking for me, he'll find me right here with the rest of us, but he's also going to need to do a bit more work than just opening his mailbag. If trouble comes, I'm here, but I'm not going straight to the source looking for it; which is precisely what you're advocating the rest of us do. If you wish to commit political suicide, you have your right. But I'm not leading any of my friends and neighbors out on any limbs. When the time comes, the right path will not need to be promoted from here, or financed from donations.

As I meant, I give your endeavor full marks. but there are other ways, and I'll be speaking my mind and I'll be damned if I'll be making any excuses for my own opinions.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't disparage your view, but I do think it's different from what we are doing here or with the NRA, because in the one instance, we're putting our support into an actual organization that works on our behalf, as opposed to running our sticks across the bars of the lion's cage itself.

One is engagement in a constructive endeavor, the other is simply vocalizing a deliberate provocation.

Remember which nails attract the hammer most effectively, while either kind supports the plank equally. If anything, the hammer is reminding the odd nail where its true destiny resides.

If I gave a shit what some politically motivated pawn chose for their interpretations, I wouldn't be here at The 'Hide at all. If some G-Man comes looking for me, he'll find me right here with the rest of us, but he's also going to need to do a bit more work than just opening his mailbag. If trouble comes, I'm here, but I'm not going straight to the source looking for it; which is precisely what you're advocating the rest of us do. If you wish to commit political suicide, you have your right. But I'm not leading any of my friends and neighbors out on any limbs. When the time comes, the right path will not need to be promoted from here, or financed from donations.

Greg </div></div>

There is wisdom in what you say Greg. I proposed something slightly less provocative, but still letting them know how we feel. "When Catapults are outlawed only outlaws will have catapults." I still think that my idea of takeing out ads in student newspapers and alumni magazines could be effective. Make the instructors actually THINK about this.

I think we should do all these things and more. My view favors being right smack in the middle of the folks who stand against the tide, but I also still have to be standing to do that. I don't intend to be leaping off any cliffs to reach that tide.

If my government considers my views to be dangerous, I am concerned; but I still think I'm on a good and decent path.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I proposed something slightly less provocative, but still letting them know how we feel. "When Catapults are outlawed only outlaws will have catapults." I still think that my idea of takeing out ads in student newspapers and alumni magazines could be effective. Make the instructors actually THINK about this. </div></div>

I totally agree and posted that to BunnyBlaster so he can make a version with that instead of Molon Labe. Once the designs are done we'll let the members decide.

I think that's a great idea, but I'll still be pursuing a different path.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

I don't see it as being any different than joining the NRA, Sniper's Hide, or putting "Republican" on your voter registration card. Hell if you want to talk about being on lists, being a member of this site and having the single most posts on this site probably puts you at the top of countless "watch" lists already. For my money, I think this mailing campaign is just a way of giving our community a voice, albeit a small one but a voice none-the-less. Might as well use the 1st amendment now, because when the 2nd is gone, the 1st will be too.

Righteous is admirable; effective is more..., effective.
</div></div>

Some G-man could easily interpret the above line as being far more dangerous then a little mailing campaign...</div></div>

ahhhh, but see... they've already given up on the 1st, and 2nd, and 7 of the other 8 amendments in the Bill of Rights

I don't see anything wrong with the original idea and its the one that I support.

Waiting on the NRA to take care of the issue is akin to waiting on the government to take care of you after some form of disaster. Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands.

I'm a bit surprised at Greg's attitude toward all this.

Greg, I am surprised as well. Different paths for sure. I am not going to hide behind the NRA, and pray they take a hard line stance for YOUR rights. Because history has shown the NRA to be such a voice? I've joined the various gun rights groups, and while I hope they will be effective, I am not going to sit by and watch the NRA "manage" my rights.

IMO, the postcard thing is my voice, as well as my correspondences, that say MY rights ARE NOT UP FOR NEGOTIATION.

I guess it means different things to different people, from an invitation, to hard line message in support of the 2nd amendment.

While I agree, if an individual was sending one postcard a week, for the last few years, that may be a provocative act. It sends a message if 20,000+ do it.

Short of marching in Washington with devices that show your defiance, I would like to know what other options are available to send an uncompromising statement?

LineStretch can help with shirt production if anyone needs it.

We've been working up a couple of designs for sale with donation per sale, so this is timely.

We're also in for contribution to the postcard effort and distribution as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LineStretch can help with shirt production if anyone needs it.

We've been working up a couple of designs for sale with donation per sale, so this is timely.

We're also in for contribution to the postcard effort and distribution as well. </div></div>

Please keep us abreast of this as I would be in for a few shirts as well.

OK, I can buy that my response is surprising.

I think it's just a matter of faith. Not of yours or mine, but that of the folks who are supposed to be protecting and defending our Constitution, as a matter of their oaths of office

I don't think some of them are taking their oaths seriously, or literally, but interpreting it all in between the lines to make it all come out any way they like.

Taking such folks at face value, expecting them to do the right things according to the Constitution, may be a bit of a stretch for my own faith these days.

I suspect that some, just some, may be gleefully rubbing their hands together, patiently waiting for what morsels of dedicated, blissfully ignorant gunowner intelligence that dependable (for now anyway) letter carrier may be bringing their way. Looking for some direction to dispatch their minions on that much awaited day when they can wipe their asses with the Second Amendment and come grabbing, just the way they've been wanting to grab, for 'lo these many years.

If you think that's a defeatist fallacy, a blissful folly, keep right on dreaming. Me, I'd rather ascribe to them some canny craftiness, some good ole' dependable American political deceit.

They're counting on your faith in the system. I'm counting on theirs, or rather their lack of it.

But of course, all it would really take is for some canny wiseass right here at 'The 'Hide to send in one of those cards on my behalf; or maybe yours.

Perish the day.

I'd like to think that's impossible, but...

I don't mind polite concourse with my representatives. But I don't think they really care what I have to say; or care for it, anyway. Sending them a reminder that I'm not In agreement with what they're planning on cramming down the American Gunowners' collective throat, and appending my address, including the zipcode, does not seem like operational security, or operational prudence, at its very best. They know what I think, but some of you...; it will take your contribution to make that a fact. So why help them?

I don't think you understand how far this preplanned disarmament has already gone, how much of the events of the last two weeks has been straight out of the can, or how little our protests may mean to folks like that. You won't know until they announce on the evening news that folks just like you and me are dangerous felons, in deliberate defiance of federal regulations, until we hand in this or that ugly gun they don't happen to like today, and another one tomorrow. Can you see Gitmo in your future? I think some of us can, without a doubt.

But if that's your plan, and I'm outta step; so be it.

Call me paranoid if you wish, but I see a different message in the handwriting on my wall.

Greg

Molon labe is already out there...stickers, tshirts, hats, tattoos, flags, people's sig's on forums, etc...I don't see this as any more provocative.

You think they don't already know who the gun owners are? Internet posts, credit card records, 4473s, memberships in the various firearms, hunting, shooting, collecting organizations...

Is it any more provocative than the new black panther party talking about a new revolution and killing whitey?

Molon labe is associated with 2A and gun onwership. It's as simple as that.

OK, guys, do your thing; and may God bless and help you. I tried.

Greg

No man thinks more highly than I do of the patriotism, as well as abilities, of the very worthy gentlemen who have just addressed the house. But different men often see the same subject in different lights; and, therefore, I hope it will not be thought disrespectful to those gentlemen if, entertaining as I do opinions of a character very opposite to theirs, I shall speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve. This is no time for ceremony. The question before the house is one of awful moment to this country. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery; and in proportion to the magnitude of the subject ought to be the freedom of the debate. It is only in this way that we can hope to arrive at the truth, and fulfill the great responsibility which we hold to God and our country. Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings.

Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the numbers of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth, to know the worst, and to provide for it.

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging of the future but by the past. And judging by the past, I wish to know what there has been in the conduct of the British ministry for the last ten years to justify those hopes with which gentlemen have been pleased to solace themselves and the House. Is it that insidious smile with which our petition has been lately received?

Trust it not, sir; it will prove a snare to your feet. Suffer not yourselves to be betrayed with a kiss. Ask yourselves how this gracious reception of our petition comports with those warlike preparations which cover our waters and darken our land. Are fleets and armies necessary to a work of love and reconciliation? Have we shown ourselves so unwilling to be reconciled that force must be called in to win back our love? Let us not deceive ourselves, sir. These are the implements of war and subjugation; the last arguments to which kings resort. I ask gentlemen, sir, what means this martial array, if its purpose be not to force us to submission? Can gentlemen assign any other possible motive for it? Has Great Britain any enemy, in this quarter of the world, to call for all this accumulation of navies and armies? No, sir, she has none. They are meant for us: they can be meant for no other. They are sent over to bind and rivet upon us those chains which the British ministry have been so long forging. And what have we to oppose to them? Shall we try argument? Sir, we have been trying that for the last ten years. Have we anything new to offer upon the subject? Nothing. We have held the subject up in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain. Shall we resort to entreaty and humble supplication? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted? Let us not, I beseech you, sir, deceive ourselves. Sir, we have done everything that could be done to avert the storm which is now coming on. We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the throne, and have implored its interposition to arrest the tyrannical hands of the ministry and Parliament. Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne! In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation.

There is no longer any room for hope. If we wish to be free--if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending--if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained--we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! An appeal to arms and to the God of hosts is all that is left us! They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable--and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace--but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Patrick Henry
March 23rd 1775

molon_labe_minuteman_statue_mug_zpscd072dfb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, I can buy that my response is surprising.

I think it's just a matter of faith. Not of yours or mine, but that of the folks who are supposed to be protecting and defending our Constitution, as a matter of their oaths of office

I don't think some of them are taking their oaths seriously, or literally, but interpreting it all in between the lines to make it all come out any way they like.

Taking such folks at face value, expecting them to do the right things according to the Constitution, may be a bit of a stretch for my own faith these days.

I suspect that some, just some, may be gleefully rubbing their hands together, patiently waiting for what morsels of dedicated, blissfully ignorant gunowner intelligence that dependable (for now anyway) letter carrier may be bringing their way. Looking for some direction to dispatch their minions on that much awaited day when they can wipe their asses with the Second Amendment and come grabbing, just the way they've been wanting to grab, for 'lo these many years.

If you think that's a defeatist fallacy, a blissful folly, keep right on dreaming. Me, I'd rather ascribe to them some canny craftiness, some good ole' dependable American political deceit.

They're counting on your faith in the system. I'm counting on theirs, or rather their lack of it.

But of course, all it would really take is for some canny wiseass right here at 'The 'Hide to send in one of those cards on my behalf; or maybe yours.

Perish the day.

I'd like to think that's impossible, but...

I don't mind polite concourse with my representatives. But I don't think they really care what I have to say; or care for it, anyway. Sending them a reminder that I'm not In agreement with what they're planning on cramming down the American Gunowners' collective throat, and appending my address, including the zipcode, does not seem like operational security, or operational prudence, at its very best. They know what I think, but some of you...; it will take your contribution to make that a fact. So why help them?

I don't think you understand how far this preplanned disarmament has already gone, how much of the events of the last two weeks has been straight out of the can, or how little our protests may mean to folks like that. You won't know until they announce on the evening news that folks just like you and me are dangerous felons, in deliberate defiance of federal regulations, until we hand in this or that ugly gun they don't happen to like today, and another one tomorrow. Can you see Gitmo in your future? I think some of us can, without a doubt.

But if that's your plan, and I'm outta step; so be it.

Call me paranoid if you wish, but I see a different message in the handwriting on my wall.

Greg</div></div>

Greg you are not wrong, but neither are they. There are riflemen, and then there are flag bearers. Each has its purpose. You envision a door to door confiscation. Perhaps it will come to that. In the mean time, to give up some "operational security" to send a message that such an course of action is foolish and will not be tolerated does not seem to be in vain, but rather in keeping with the best traditions of our forefathers and their respect for the rule of law.

We cannot yet compare our present situation to that of the founders, but it is still constructive to study what they did. They could have begun their revolution with covert actions but instead pleaded to the world with the Declaration of Independence their reasons for abandoning law in favor of violence. They were not foolish, and understood that in doing so they openly warned the king of their impending treason. Why? They understood there are many reasons men take up arms...for their own gain, for pride, for greed, but sometimes for just principles. Process matters, and their Declaration, though perhaps tactically unsound, ensured their posterity and the world understood that their actions were justified and principled and were the kind of values they intended upon which to build a nation. They knew it was unlikely the King would read the Declaration and agree with those principles and let them go peacefully. That didn't make the effort worthless, but all the more noble. That document inspired a revolution, a Constitution, and countless generations in many nations since. The signers paid a dear price to be sure, but became the flag bearers for liberty.

God forbid we have that violence here ever again, a door to door confiscation would certainly cause it. I would give up some operational security, as did the founders, if there is one iota's chance of avoiding that situation. Your point is well taken, but there are plenty of gun owners under the radar. Perhaps it is appropriate for a few to stick their heads up and be counted. Maybe if more did the whole situation could be avoided.

It is likely a moot point in any case, as in this digital age there is really no operational security left. Perhaps the government already knowing how many weapons there are out there actually prevents violence, as did the MAD doctrine of the cold war.

You are surrounded by so many enemies of Constitutional principles up there that it must seem to you that they are at the door. That is not the case most other places. I'm not saying I'm not alarmed, but we are not hunkered down out here yet.

If you fear the lion, it is probably in your best interest to not run your stick across the bars of his cage. If you aren't willing to sacrifice yourself for a greater purpose, then you are better off talking about catapults and robbers... If you are such a person, then I really don't want you standing beside me in this fight. I'd like to know that the guy next to me isn't going to tuck tail and run when they take up the offer to come and take them. It's a fucking shame that Molon Labe has been diluted to no more than another meaningless catch phrase. It's ok if you aren't prepared to stand against tyranny. There are others that will do it for you. However, we'd appreciate it if you didn't misrepresent yourself. We'd rather you stay out of the way, than have to watch your back as well as our own.

If you will simply hand them over when they come to take them, please do not shout Molon Labe. That cry is reserved for those of us who are prepared to fight in the shade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you fear the lion, it is probably in your best interest to not run your stick across the bars of his cage. If you aren't willing to sacrifice yourself for a greater purpose, then you are better off talking about catapults and robbers... If you are such a person, then I really don't want you standing beside me in this fight. I'd like to know that the guy next to me isn't going to tuck tail and run when they take up the offer to come and take them. It's a fucking shame that Molon Labe has been diluted to no more than another meaningless catch phrase. It's ok if you aren't prepared to stand against tyranny. There are others that will do it for you. However, we'd appreciate it if you didn't misrepresent yourself. We'd rather you stay out of the way, than have to watch your back as well as our own.

If you will simply hand them over when they come to take them, please do not shout Molon Labe. That cry is reserved for those of us who are prepared to fight in the shade.
</div></div>

There is a time and plae for everything. Ever heard ..."Discretion is the better part of valor?"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, I'm off for a preplanned goose hunt but I'll be back tonight.

Here's a status update:

We've got means of taking donations taken care of and a ton of donations lined up.

Printing house is ready to go.

We just need to collectively decide on a design. BunnyBlaster has got one or more designs coming that will hopefully be posted and I just figured out how to add fonts to Photoshop so I made two of my own (below) but they might need some tweaking (I'm learning). So this is where we're at right now. Once we decide on a design, I'll send it to the printer and send out info on where to send donations. We'll also need to know who wants some of the finished product for distribution.

16jsjb.jpg

</div></div>

Have the text edited/proofed by someone. "Repose" vs response; "Persian amry's" vs army's; "Thermopyle" vs Thermopylae .

Not harping on ya, just think it's a real bugger to get these printed up if they are all jacked.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-c03YCBo3z8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-c03YCBo3z8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c03YCBo3z8

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a time and plae for everything. Ever heard ..."Discretion is the better part of valor?" </div></div>

Hopefully, anyone who is wringing their hands over some postcards has been equally careful with <span style="font-style: italic">everything</span> they've been saying via <span style="font-style: italic">any</span> form of electronic communication, 'cause it's all been captured, stored, and analyzed. Too late to put that genie back in the bottle...

I'm in, let me know payment details - preferably by email as I am not on here enough or routinely.

As for those worried about making some noise, now is the time to make noise as afterwards it will be too late. As for lists, many of us are on too many lists already so there is no avoiding that. Those lists include NRA instructors, FFL holders, concealed carry holders, anyone who has signed a 4473, those with NFA stamps, anyone who has donated to gun causes, thsoe who are registered with any gun auction site (even this site) ....the list of the lists is LONG.

Just think of the lists you'll be on if the Senator from the PRK gets her way and you have to apply for a NFA stamp at $200 each for EACH semi-auto you own!

Its running about 6 months now to get a stamp by the time the ATF does there job and the FBI, etc. run the background checks, and that will get worse if the millions of folks who own semi-autos all have to apply for a $200 stamp for each gun...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There is a time and place for everything. Ever heard ..."Discretion is the better part of valor?"</div></div>

I've heard a lot of things. That doesn't make them true. Fear is the foundation of discretion. Fear and valor do not go hand in hand... One exists in spite of the other.

I appreciate your concerns for my well being, but I don't think you fully grasp the sentiment of Molon Labe. It is not something to hide behind. It is a wager. I know the stakes.

You imply that being on their "list" is something to be afraid of. Personally, I will take pride in it. I wish John Hancock were here to argue my point.

<Content Deleted by Poster>

I don't wish to prolong my participation, I support your project.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There is a time and place for everything. Ever heard ..."Discretion is the better part of valor?"</div></div>

I've heard a lot of things. That doesn't make them true.
<span style="color: #CC0000">Fear is the foundation of discretion </span> . Fear and valor do not go hand in hand... One exists in spite of the other.

I appreciate your concerns for my well being, but I don't think you fully grasp the sentiment of Molon Labe. It is not something to hide behind. It is a wager. I know the stakes.

You imply that being on their "list" is something to be afraid of. Personally, I will take pride in it. I wish John Hancock were here to argue my point. </div></div>

Wrong, Wisdom is the foundation of discretion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wisdom is often fear in disguise </div></div>

Perhaps in your case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There needs to be a comma after "come and take them" in the body of the text. </div></div>

We just copied the text from this one. We'll toss in a comma and see how it looks. We're almost done working on the final 4 designs right now

2r3k27r.jpg

The commas separate a phrase. If you took out 'meaning "Come and take them"', the remaining sentence 'The Greek phrase Molon Labe is a classical expression...' is still a complete sentence.

I'm sure there is a technical explanation, but I don't feel like looking it up
smile.gif
Since these are getting distributed they may as well be as correct as possible.

From the posts and PMs I've been getting it looks like almost everybody wants a black background with the definition. So here are three designs that we need to pick from and double check for correct spelling and punctuation and all that because from here they'll go straight to the printer. All of these were created/revised by Bunnyblaster so major props to him.

v5h15h.jpg

v7gygl.jpg

2m6se9d.jpg

bz9qf.jpg

11tq2hd.jpg

So let's hear which one you guys like and give them a once over to make sure they're correct.

One last try for no definition. If we think the people we are going to send these to are too stupid to realize what this means or too lazy to Google it, why would we think they would interpret it as anything more than a history lesson about the battle of Thermopylae? I think we are underestimating the intellect of our opponents.

Re: Molon labe postcards -UPDATE NEED VOTES on design

My vote is for the "second" version.

Might I simply suggest a "poll" post/thread? And as I had suggested prior (pm) the definition and/or explanation should/could be on the other side, in a typical 'postcard' format.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Might I simply suggest a "poll" post/thread? And as I had </div></div>

How do you make a poll on this site, I couldn't find it.

#3. The starker contrast really makes a statement.