• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Moly bullets

Irelander

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2006
Seneca, PA
Ok bear with me.

I know there has been a lot of discussion over the years about the pros and cons of moly coated bullets. I ordered some Hornady 168gr. AMAX moly bullets a while ago and used them for a while but after reading more on it decided that moly wasn't for me. The different cleaning regimen and moly buildup in the throat turned me away. I now use Hornady's uncoated 168gr AMAX and love them. So I have at least 80 coated bullets left and I was wondering if there is an easy way to get the moly off of them. Can I throw them in a tumbler or something to clean them off?

Re: Moly bullets

So just throw the coated bullets in the tumbler? Sounds like a plan. I suppose I'll need to get more walnut media after I contaminate it with moly.

are they loaded rounds?!?!?!?!?
If so, just wipe 'em off with 0000 steel wool or 800+ s/p and then wash 'em off and shoot 'em.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackcat13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about safety? Do you do them one at a time? Just wondering? </div></div>

he is talking bullets... not loaded rounds.

It wouldn't do a bit of good to tumble loaded rounds anyhow...

That is what I was wondering he said he had shot some that he bought? You never know what people will do!!!!!

OK, I loaded some then shot them. I still have some unloaded bullets. Thanks for checking though. Can't be too careful.

That is what I was wondering he said he had shot some that he bought? You never know what people will do!!!!!