• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Monolith solid top rail for ar15

rifleman1981

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
nw oklahoma
I’m curious if anybody makes a rail like pro made for the mk12 rifles, that is a solid picitanny rail that will run the full length of the receiver and the handguard. Pof made a monolithic style handguard but I haven’t seen a solid rail that just bridges the receiver and the handguard. Anybody know of a company making one?

Yeah, guy named Richard Swan came up with this one.

Reactions: camocorvette
Yeah, guy named Richard Swan came up with this one.

That one hangs over the front, but only attaches to the receiver. I want one that clamps to the receiver and the handguard

Any reason not to use the PRI handguard and top rail? They're still in production.
Or are you wanting the rail to attach to any old existing handguard?
I’m wanting to put it on a standard handguard and upper but the pri route is looking the most viable right now.

Pof had the predator rail system, I’m wanting something similar to that. Someone had to have done other than pof…

Larue sells an upper receiver with the handguard attached via 4 screws it's a good system. They are 489$ on the website. There are lots of riser rails out there like that SWAN linked up above that will put the rail out above the handguard a bit.

I've had the PRI MK12 rail before and don't really like how the top rail attaches to the other rail which in turn is attached to the forearm. Too many parts stacked on top of one another unnecessarily although it does look cool.

To be clear, what I’m wanting is a rail that will attach the handguard to the receiver to make a more rigid platform. The sig Mcx handguards aren’t suitable for a laser because of how much play they have and the fact it can’t be taken out because of the way they are made. If I can find one I’ll buy a few of them and use them across multiple platforms…