• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Monopod options for Manners and modifications

EventHorizon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2009
NC
Wondering if there are any new and improved monopods on the market. I'm using the Accu-Shot which is just ok for my Manners T2A. The course adjustment button has a habit of getting pressed when I don't want it to be and such.

Has anyone made any modifications to theirs or mount options? I'm finding myself using mine by holding it mostly in the palm of my hand rather than contact with the ground.

Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated.

Somebody had pictures of a Manners stock that had a pic rail installed under the buttstock a while back, I believe Manners did the work

Somebody had pictures of a Manners stock that had a pic rail installed under the buttstock a while back, I believe Manners did the work

That was a T4A I had done years ago. The stock was actually ordered without the rail and then the rail was added later. The rail was installed by Todd when he worked at Manners but Im very sure that Manners will put one on if you ask for it.

If I can find a old pic I will post it.

Thanks, I can get a rail put on mine, but the monopod I have is not the rail compatible one. Not to worry. I'm still experimenting between rear bag and monopod. I like the monopod because it helps me 'cheat' with the loading of the bipod. I can grab it and pull it into me and not worry about loading the bipod and still make good shots but it feels like a compromise rather than a solid style with repeatability.

no love for monopods?

Monopods are gay. :p

But seriously, I had the same issues you described with the accushot. Especially when it was extended there was no side-to-side support at all. Yeah it kept crashing down with that release button. I don't trust it and wouln't permanently mount one. On my PRS stock it was a clip on novelty.
Matter of time before you go back to the good ole' rear bag again once the monopod pisses you off enough.

Monopods are gay. :p

But seriously, I had the same issues you described with the accushot. Especially when it was extended there was no side-to-side support at all. Yeah it kept crashing down with that release button. I don't trust it and wouln't permanently mount one. On my PRS stock it was a clip on novelty.
Matter of time before you go back to the good ole' rear bag again once the monopod pisses you off enough.

lol - i suspect your prophesy to become true and not before long...